You’ll love this Dutch Oven Chicken Pot Pie for an easy dinner that feeds a crowd! Use puff pastry, rotisserie chicken, and frozen vegetables as recipe shortcuts to a delicious, home-cooked meal.
Love chicken pot pie but think it’s too much of a hassle? I’m right there with you! This recipe comes together in minutes and bakes up quick enough to serve on a weeknight. Awesome, right? Use shredded rotisserie chicken, frozen vegetables, and soup for the base, then top it off with puff pastry.
Yep, this gorgeously golden chicken pot pie can be on your family’s table in about 40 minutes, with only 10 minutes of hands-on time. Check it out!
- 1 Tablespoon, olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup, milk
- 1/4 cup, flour
- 2 cans, cream of chicken soup
- 1 potato, chopped
- 16 oz, frozen vegetables (corn and carrots variety)
- 2 cups, rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a dutch oven to medium, add olive oil.
- Remove puff pastry from freezer, allow to thaw to room temperature. (this makes it easier to handle)
- Add onions and garlic to the pot, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Whisk together milk and flour, and add to pot.
- Add all other ingredients, except chicken and pastry dough.
- Simmer until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add chicken to pot, stir to combine.
- Unfold puff pastry and using the dutch oven lid as a guide, trim the corners of the rectangular dough to fit the inside of the dutch oven. A rough cut is fine.
- Place puff pastry on top of soup mixture in dutch oven and bake pot pie for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and soup bubbles up around the edges.
- Rest for 5 minutes and serve!
***If you're short on time, eliminate the potatoes. Just heat up the other ingredients- which takes about 5 minutes- then bake in oven as usual.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410