These blackberry and whipped goat cheese crostini are a delicious pairing with crisp white wine. You’ll love this simple appetizer for your next summer get-together!
This season is all about celebrating with friends and family! When the weather warms up, we love to have impromptu gatherings with friends and neighbors. We pop open a bottle of Clos du Bois wine and serve it alongside simple appetizers made with fresh, seasonal ingredients.
These blackberry and whipped goat cheese crostini have made an appearance at a few parties we’ve had so far this summer, and they have been a hit every time. I just knew I had to share the recipe with you!
Are you familiar with crostini? Similar to bruschetta, it’s essentially toasted slices of baguette that are topped with sweet or savory fare, and offer a little bite of flavor that goes perfectly with a glass of wine. I even soaked the blackberries in wine, to add a subtle hint of the Chardonnay.
We love to do wine and apps parties with close friends. It’s easy and casual, and feels just right for summer.
My friends and I love a chilled glass of white wine in the summer! Some Clos du Bois Chardonnay with a seasonal appetizer is just what we want when the weather gets hot.
Also, simple appetizers are easy to whip up, and keep the hostess out of the kitchen. Summer is for catching up with friends, and this recipe comes together in minutes, so you can get back to your party.
Enjoy the season… open up a bottle of Clos du Bois Chardonnay and pass around the apps!
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup, blackberries
- 2 Tablespoons, olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay out baguette slices on a baking sheet, and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together cheeses (or use food processor to combine).
- Toast slices in oven for 5 minutes, remove, and let cool for a few minutes.
- Top slices with about 1T of cheese, and a couple blackberries.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and serve alongside Clos du Bois Chardonnay.