Easy French Toast Muffins made with Greek yogurt. A great breakfast to make ahead of time. Delicious with a drizzle of maple syrup!
You guys. These muffins are amazing. Sweet, crunchy, comforting, delightful… they’re all that and more. By far one of the best breakfast/snack foods I’ve made in my kitchen.
I’ve become more of a breakfast person over the years. Maybe it’s the busy schedule? The kids? The mornings that get earlier and earlier?
However it happened, I simply cannot go through the morning without some kind of food, ideally something wholesome.
And the kids? They LOVE them. Can’t get enough. I love that they have protein from the Greek yogurt and eggs, so they are filling and satisfy hunger for hours. My kind of breakfast. Especially for kids who are constantly snacking. This fills them up with all the good stuff!
Plus, it’s a SUPER easy way to make French toast. Let’s face it, I’m not going to be pulling out the griddle and making French toast on a weekday. Not. Happening.
This way, I can make a batch of these muffins (way easier than the classic version) on the weekend, and heat them up throughout the week. These muffins with a little syrup drizzled on top? Heavenly.
This recipe comes together in minutes.
Just tear a loaf of French bread into pieces and pour a simple mixture of eggs, Greek yogurt, and creamer over it.
Top with streusel crumble and pop into the oven.
Golden, sweet perfection. Crunchy on top and soft in the middle– it’s all the best parts of French toast.
We love these muffins for any time of day. Warm up and enjoy with a bit of maple syrup!
Love these easy French toast muffins? Try these Double Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins.
For the muffins:
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla creamer
- 1/2 cup, Greek yogurt
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup cold Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Cut bread into 1/2″ cubes, or tear into small pieces.
- Fill muffin cups with bread cubes (I used a silicon muffin pan for easy removal)
- Whisk together the creamer, yogurt, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until blended.
- Slowly add about 1 1/2 oz of liquid over bread in each cup.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter, sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Mix until you have a well blended crumbs.
- Cover the muffins with this topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205