A creamy shrimp scampi lasagna featuring shrimp, veggies, and plenty of melted cheese. A hit at family parties!
Are you big fans of lasagna in your house? My whole family loves lasagna!
There’s lots of cheese and pasta for my carb & cheese-loving daughter. It’s a filling enough meal for my husband. And it’s quick and economical, which I appreciate.
Ok, so quick and economical doesn’t make your mouth water, I get it. But what about this?
Now a budget-friendly, simple baked meal looks more appetizing, eh? I mean, who can resist the golden brown top of a lasagna?
My favorite way to prepare this meal is to layer the ingredients in a pan on the weekend (or during the weekdays) and bake at night whenever it works best for our family. That’s what makes it so simple. Well, that and the yummy shrimp from SeaPak. Just heat them up and toss them in for a fresh coastal taste of seafood.
Guys, the Scampi sauce is divine. Just look at all that buttery, creamy, cheesy goodness.
The herbs really add something to the lasagna. Such an upgrade from regular seafood lasagna!
And the shrimp taste so fresh. We love this shrimp scampi lasagna for a yummy take on a traditional family dish.
Dive in and serve it with warm, crusty bread and a side salad. An easy comfort meal that the whole family will love. The leftovers heat up like a dream, so save some for tomorrow…. if it lasts that long.
So creamy & cheesy. It’s a keeper.
Shrimp Scampi Lasagna
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 and 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 container 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 package SeaPak Scampi 12 oz., heated according to package instructions
- 1 package SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp Party Size, heated according to package instructions
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, carrots, and celery; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in half-and-half, broth, salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix egg, Parmesan cheese, and ricotta cheese; set aside.
- In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spread 3/4 cup of the sauce. Top with 3 noodles. Spread half of the scampi and half of the popcorn shrimp over noodles; spread with 3/4 cup of the sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese; top with 3 noodles. Spread ricotta mixture over noodles; spread with 3/4 cup of the sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese; top with 3 noodles. Spread with remaining scampi and popcorn shrimp. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon parsley.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until cheese is light golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
***Taking it to go? This baking dish is a must see: http://amzn.to/2iHVskM
Like this shrimp scampi lasagna? Try my Cheesy Crab Rangoon Dip!