I’ve got a fun treat for you guys today. Let’s bring the pumpkin to dinner, shall we? But not with pasta or roasted veggies, let’s do pumpkin rolls. And top them with honey butter.
I love the idea of jazzing up dinner rolls with pumpkin and spices. You get a hint of pumpkin flavor, without the super sugar rush of other pumpkin treats. It’s something unexpected for dinner.
And they couldn’t be easier to make. You could go the from-scratch route, but I used biscuit mix.
Trust me, the sugar adds flavor, but these are not sweet biscuits, per say. They’re just right with soup, stew, or any other hearty fall meal.
Honey butter is such a treat with these rolls. It’s exactly what you want on a pumpkin spice biscuit.
I love it when pumpkin pops up in unexpected places. Let’s make the most of fall.
- 2 cups Bisquick biscuit mix
- ⅔ c. canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tablespoon honey per 4 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients until soft dough forms, beat vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Turn dough onto floured surface (may use baking mix in place of flour).
- Gently roll dough in baking mix and knead 10 times. Roll ½ inch thick.
- Cut with a 2 inch cutter dipped in baking mix.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet until light and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Beat honey and butter together, spread on rolls.