This easy Eggless Cornbread uses Jiffy corn muffin mix, ground flax seed, and milk to make fluffy, soft cornbread. You won’t even miss the eggs!
With stew, soup and chili season upon us I am constantly looking for easy sides to throw together with our meals. This cornbread recipe is just what we needed. It is so moist and delicious!
I am constantly attempting to limit the ingredients in recipes, because SCHEDULES. So, I tried this without the eggs and it was a hit. Plus, the addition of flax seed adds a health element I can get behind when we are grabbing seconds!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS EGGLESS CORNBREAD:
- 2 boxes, Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- 6 Tablespoons, warm water
- 2/3 cup, milk
- Optional, for serving: butter & honey
HOW TO MAKE THESE EGGLESS CORNBREAD:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add ground flax seed to warm water in small bowl. Allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep 8 x 8 baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix together corn muffin mix, flax seed mixture, and milk until just combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Now, if this recipe interests you for allergy reasons, you will love adding this to your recipe box! You do not notice the eggs are missing in the taste or texture of this. Check out the frequently asked questions below for some alternative recipes to suit all sorts of allergies and tastes.
Once you have soaked your flax seed, mix it up with the rest of the ingredients. No need to over do it, just mix until combined.
Pour it into your greased dish and bake away!
handy tools to make this easy eggless cornbread:
- silicone spatula – nonstick, heat resistant, flexible for curved surfaces
- baking dish – comes with a cover, freezer to oven safe, large handles for easy carrying
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to use eggs in cornbread?
No! You do not need to sacrifice flavor or texture to make Jiffy corn bread mix without eggs. Simply add a mixture of 1 Tablespoon of flax seed and 3 Tablespoons of warm water to the mix and bake as usual.
Can I make cornbread in a glass dish?
Yes, actually the glass pan helps brown the edges and make them a bit crisp. Just how I love it!
Can you use mayonnaise instead of eggs in cornbread?
Jiffy cornbread with mayo and no eggs is super simple. Mayonnaise would go in at about three tablespoons to work just as well as an egg, but you may need a pinch of extra baking powder for extra lift in your cornbread.
How to make this recipe vegan?
With Jiffy Vegetarian Corn Muffin Mix and a flax seed egg plus dairy-free milk.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 80mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g