Festive peppermint cake mix cookies with white chocolate chips and candy cane pieces.
These cookies! I made a batch and it was eaten before I could even take pictures. #foodbloggerproblems So I made another batch. And another before the weekend was up. They. Are. Awesome.
I have a soft spot for cake mix cookies. They are so easy, and obviously, taste like cake. Who doesn’t want a cake-flavored cookie?!
Adding cream cheese to the batter just makes them super soft and even more delicious. They are irresistible, guys. Plus the white chocolate chips and candy cane pieces make them feel so festive.
Gotta love sweet, soft cookies with crunchy peppermint. They are perfect for holiday goodies.
Exchanging holiday treats with the important people in our lives is so meaningful to my family. It’s more than the yummy treats (although these cookies are fabulous), it’s about showing each other our appreciation and gratitude for the past year. It’s an easy way to show others you care, and teach our kids how to be giving.
Of course, save some for the little (and big) elves in your household. They’re pretty important too.
Hint: save some for Santa!
Love these Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies? Try these Peppermint Christmas Crinkle Cookies with M&M’s!
- 1 box white cake mix, not yellow
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Flour, as needed (see instructions)
- 4 large candy canes, or a dozen small ones, broken into pieces (put candy into a gallon-sized baggie, seal, and break into pieces with a mallet or frying pan)
- 1/2 cup, white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients on medium until well combined.
- If dough is too sticky, add flour one tablespoon at a time until the dough is the right consistency.
- Add in white chocolate chips and candy can pieces, mix until just combined.
- Take about 1-2 tablespoons of dough and drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or just before they start to turn too brown on the edges (white looks best with the peppermint)
- Let cool on the cookie for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Pop a bunch into a Rubbermaid TakeAlongs and decorate!
***This cookie scoop is a game-changer: http://amzn.to/2FzdUlI Perfect cookies every time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403