Oh wow, do I have a treat for you guys today!
This, hands down, the best dessert I have made for this blog. In our house, we fought for the last couple cookie balls. It even solves my annual dilemma of which Christmas treat to give out. There’s some stiff competition. I’m always looking for something universally enjoyable, yet unique.
I’ve got my winner right here. The basic ingredients are: OREO Cookies, cream cheese, & Baker’s chocolate.
Crumble-up the cookies, add the cream cheese, and when it all sticks together–you’re good. Next, I folded in the spices and pecans. Toast the nuts if you’re feeling fancy. Roll it all into 1″ balls & pop them in the freezer for 10 minutes to make the next part easy-peasy.
Then, my favorite part of all…..
Yummmmm. The semi-sweet Baker’s chocolate is the perfect coating for these cookie balls. Sprinkle some pecans on top just like a sticky bun.
An hour in the fridge and they’re perfect for snacking, pairing with coffee, or tucked in a cute gift box topped with a bow…. for teachers, neighbors, anyone really.
I mean, would you turn that down?
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups), "golden" flavor
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Optional ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 Tablespoon cinnamon, 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Customize it with your own ingredient additions.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150
Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Instant Pot Giveaway!
One lucky person is going to win an awesome 6-Quart Instant Pot Ultra. If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, you’re missing out. This device is 10 appliances in one! Yes seriously, here’s what it can be used as:
- Pressure Cooker
- Slow Cooker
- Rice Cooker
- Cake Maker
- Yogurt Maker
- Egg Cooker
The 6-Quart Instant Pot Ultra set includes a steam rack, recipe booklet, serving spoon, soup spoon and measuring cup. Here are some of the new features:
- altitude adjustment
- cooking indicator
- steam release reset button
Instant Pot Giveaway
This giveaway has been organized by Juggling Act Mama and sponsored in part by the following bloggers:
- Walking on Sunshine Recipes
- Life a Little Brighter
- Bowl Me Over
- As For Me and My Homestead
- Suburban Simplicity
- Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish
- One Creative Mommy
- An Affair From the Heart
- Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Official Rules and Conditions: One winner will receive a 6-quart Instant Pot Ultra. No cash value. Open worldwide to adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Amazon, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 12/17/2018. Enter using the widget below.
Christmas Sweets and Treats
We’ve got a lot of yummy dessert recipes on the blog, but these are some of our most favorites for Christmastime:
from left to right:
- Tricolor Christmas Cake Pops
- Milk Chocolate Christmas Bark
- Christmas Snickerdoodles
- Mocha Truffles
- Gingerbread Cookie Dough Bark