Celebrate the season with effortless entertaining recipes, featuring Caprese Bites and Roasted Red Pepper Crostini. You’ll love these easy wine party appetizers.
Wine Party Appetizers
To me, there is no better gathering in the summer months than a simple wine and appetizers casual get together. I love having an impromptu party with the sole purpose of catching up with friends and enjoying the season. With the right wine and a few easy appetizer recipes up your sleeve, it all feels totally effortless.
Along with our go-to wine, we always serve easy appetizers that have simple recipes. Keeping it simple is key during the summer months, especially when hosting.
A couple of our favorite appetizers are caprese bites and roasted red pepper crostini. I know you’ll love them both. Let’s get started with the caprese bites!
- fresh mozzarella balls
- grape/cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
I purchased a deli container of fresh mozzarella in olive oil and herbs. It was perfect for this app.
HOW DO I MAKE CAPRESE BITES?
Skewer the ingredients on a toothpick and serve. So easy, right?! And tastes so fresh for the summer months.
I love all the seasonal colors!
Another appetizer that comes together in minutes, is my roasted red pepper crostini.
- fresh baguette
- goat cheese
- olive oil
- roasted red peppers
- italian seasonings
You can either roast the peppers yourself, or- my preference- buy a ready-made jar at the store.
I find it easiest to purchase the red peppers and goat cheese ahead of time (the cheese keeps for awhile unopened in the fridge), and buy the baguette the day of the party.
HOW DO I MAKE ROASTED RED PEPPER CROSTINI?
Cut the bread, brush with olive oil and toast for a few minutes in the oven. Spread goat cheese on the toasted slices, and top with roasted red peppers. Add Italian-style dried herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, and DONE.
SO good with a glass of wine. You will never have to come up with appetizers for wine tastings in the future.
We love having these go-to options for casual get-togethers during the summer. Pop open a bottle of wine, and it’s a party.
What are some other wine party food ideas?
- 1 cup oz fresh mozzarella balls, can be found in most grocery deli's, in a container with olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Skewer one mozzarella ball, a basil leaf, and a cherry tomato.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately on a platter or refrigerate for up to 2 days. They really POP against this wooden serving platter!
Toothpicks work great for this, but I love using these fun skewers just to jazz things up!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese
- olive oil
- Italian-style dried herbs, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut baguette into 1/4-1/2 inch slices (approx.), brush with olive oil.
- Toast baguette slice in oven for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow baguette slices to cool.
- Top with a Tablespoon of goat cheese and a couple slices of roasted red pepper.
- Finish off with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of herbs.