With layers of rotisserie chicken, chopped bacon, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, ranch dressing, and pasta, this Chicken Bacon Pasta Recipe would be a hit at any potluck, outdoor BBQ, or even an easy weeknight dinner!
It just wouldn’t be a classic pasta salad without ranch dressing! We love this version of pasta salad for all the layers of flavor and texture. Plus, you can use shredded rotisserie chicken as a recipe shortcut. Always a great idea!
Start by boiling up a pound of pasta. I like using penne for pasta salad, but you could use macaroni shape, corkscrew, or even bow-tie pasta. Whichever you prefer!
Meanwhile, cook up the bacon in a skillet. So much flavor in this dish! The bacon tastes delish with the Hidden Valley Ranch. A perfect combo.
When the bacon is cooked and the pasta has cooled, you’re ready to add the remaining ingredients. Chop up the bacon, cherry tomatoes, and celery.
Place pasta in large serving bowl and add shredded rotisserie chicken, bacon, shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes, celery, Hidden Valley Ranch, and the olives.
Mix gently to combine. Top with chopped green onions if desired. Cool in the fridge or serve immediately. We love this dish alongside a BBQ main dish or with fresh, crusty bread on the side.
- 1 lb pasta, penne, macaroni, or bow tie style
- 1 cup, shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup, ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup, mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup, shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup, chopped celery
- 1/2 cup, sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup, sliced black olives
- (optional, for topping) 1/4 cup, chopped green onions
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile cook up bacon in a skillet, cool, and then chop up.
- Drain pasta and add to large mixing bowl.
- Top pasta with shredded rotisserie chicken, chopped bacon, ranch dressing, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, chopped celery, cherry tomatoes, and back olives.
- Gently mix to combine ingredients.
- Top with green onions and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 675 Total Fat: 48g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 35g Cholesterol: 84mg Sodium: 974mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g