Love easy meals during the busy holiday season? This Chicken Bacon Skillet is a quick & delicious dinner and the perfect mealtime solution for your family.
Cheesy Skillet with Bacon
With a few Kraft Heinz products– Oscar Mayer America’s Favorite Bacon, Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon Uncooked; Velveeta Original Loaf; and Kraft Natural Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheddar Cheese, I made yummy dinner that my whole family raved about– and you know that means it’s a keeper!
I used Walmart Online Grocery Pickup because it’s SO convenient. It’s a busy parent’s best friend. I just order online and swing by Walmart while I’m out running errands or picking up the kids from school. You pull up to a designated spot, and your groceries are brought to your car for you. Perfect for when you have little kids with you! I know I’ll love this service even more when it’s snowing sideways this winter. This Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Skillet is a quick & delicious dinner and the perfect mealtime solution for your family. Easily order all items for your holiday menu using Walmart Online Grocery Pickup or simply pick up in store at a Walmart near you.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THIS CHEESY CHICKEN AND BACON SKILLET:
- 1 lb chicken, diced
- 1/2 lb Oscar Mayer America’s Favorite Bacon, Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon Uncooked, 1 LB, chopped
- 1/2 lb Velveeta Original Loaf, 2 LB, cubed
- 2 cups frozen vegetables, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower mix
- 1/2 cup salsa or diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Kraft Natural Cheese Sharp Cheddar, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 8 oz
DIRECTIONS TO MAKE THIS CHEESY CHICKEN AND BACON SKILLET:
- Heat large skillet to medium heat.
- Add bacon to skillet, cook for 5 minutes
- Add chicken to skillet, continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- Add cubed Velveeta, frozen vegetables, and diced tomatoes to skillet. Heat through, stirring to combine, for about 5 minutes. If needed, cover skillet to heat ingredients up quicker.
- Once chicken and bacon are cooked through and Velveeta is melted, top dish with Kraft Natural Cheese Sharp Cheddar, Shredded Cheddar Cheese and serve.
After I unpacked my groceries at home, I got going on making a cheesy chicken & bacon dish that I knew my family would love. Plus, it all cooks up in one skillet! Love those one-pan dishes. With ingredients like Oscar Mayer America’s Favorite Bacon, Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon Uncooked; melted Velveeta Original Loaf; and veggies, I knew it would be a hit with my family. Top with a sprinkle of Kraft Natural Cheese Sharp Cheddar, and it’s ready to go in less than 30 minutes! As a home cook who loves to try out new recipes for family dinners, I rely on quality products like these to make an amazing meal every time.
It’s packed with protein and veggies, but your kids will barely notice the broccoli when it’s covered in melted Velveeta. I promise! It’s a kid-friendly dinner that adults love, too. You can serve it with a side of pasta or a fresh salad.
HANDY TOOLS TO MAKE THIS SKILLET:
- perfect bacon skillet – nonstick, heavy duty
- flat wooden spoon – excellent for crumbling bacon in pan and scraping pan while cooking
Enjoy a simple dinner tonight with your family! Spend less time in the kitchen and more time catching up with each other. Now run out and buy all the chicken and bacon Walmart has in stock!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cook chicken and bacon together?
If the meats cook at the same temperature then it is fine to cook together. If they require different temps to cook, then you should cook separately.
How do you cook bacon in an iron skillet?
Start with the pan cold, add the bacon and cook the bacon while the pan heats. You will have perfectly crispy bacon each time!
How long does it take to cook bacon on a stove?
Bacon should take about 10 minutes. Cook on one side for about 5 minutes and then flip.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577 Total Fat: 39g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 145mg Sodium: 1992mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g Protein: 39g