This post has been sponsored by Del Monte®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Busy days have you dragging? Fight back against the afternoon slump with 5 ways to instantly boost your energy, naturally.
As a WAHM of two busy girls, I’m always on the go (aka in the car), and I find myself struggling to be productive and stay motivated midday. So, I actively look for ways to naturally boost my energy. As much as I’d love to squeeze in a yoga session or afternoon coffee with girlfriends, most days those options aren’t in the schedule. So, I came up with ideas to naturally increase my energy when I need a quick boost of motivation.
5 Ways to Instantly Boost Your Energy, Naturally.
- High quality snacks.Natural energy comes from good food, but how do you plan for it on the go? I always pack wholesome snacks like Del Monte® Fruit & Oats™. They’re actually the first ready-to-eat oatmeal with one full serving of fruit* and 20g of whole grains per serving. Plus, they taste amazing hot or cold! Great way to get more fruits & whole grains in your day. Since my days are so jam packed with activities, eating breakfast is key to kicking off my day and making my morning happier. I like to use Del Monte® Fruit & Oats™ for a happy start to every day.
- Move. Our psychology is directly tied to our physiology, meaning– moving your body can change your entire outlook. This is super simple to do in a few minutes. Play theme music from a musical and dance with the kiddos, or go for a walk with the stroller or a co-worker at lunch, or even just get up from your desk and do a few stretches. It all counts.
- Appeal to your senses. Little changes make a big impact. Light a candle or turn on a diffuser. A light, bright scent will help wake you up. Eating fruit is another great way to wake up your senses. I love to dig into a Del Monte® Fruit Refreshers® Grapefruit & Oranges in Pomegranate Flavored Fruit Water. It’s like a traditional fruit cup snack all grown up. Plus, each cup provides a full serving of fruit* and all are 100 calories or less. Love that!
- Get outside. If at all possible, spending a few minutes outside will certainly wake you up. If you’re at home with the kids, getting outside is a must. And if you’re typing away at a computer all day, you’ll be surprised how a little time in the sun will boost your energy.
- Grab some “me time”. Doing something you love will always increase your energy. Chat with a girlfriend, scroll through some Insta Stories, or even read a chapter of a book. Each of these activities can be 10 minutes or less and will do wonders for your mood. When my energy dips, I grab a Del Monte® Fruit & Oats™ and watch a few YouTube clips. I pick something funny or light-hearted, and it totally refreshes me.
For a quick boost in your day, check out Del Monte Fruit & Oats, as well as their other great snack options, like Del Monte® Fruit & Chia™- super yummy and provides a whole serving of fruit* with an added boost of chia seeds to give you a cup full of flavor, fiber, and 800mg of Omega-3s.
Grab them in the fruit snack aisle at your local retailer! Plus, use this coupon in-store to buy the NEW Del Monte Fruit & Oats cups: Save $0.75 on a one-pack of Del Monte Fruit & Oats Cups.
*Each container has 1 serving (1/2 cup) of fruit per USDA Nutrient Data