This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackToSchool #CollectiveBias
Save time this school year with simple tips and tricks you can start using today. Check out these Top 5 School Lunch Packing Hacks.
It’s back-to-school season & time to pack allll the lunches. Doesn’t just feel like a never-ending task? I totally get it. Mornings are busy enough without scrambling to put together lunches that you hope your kids eat once they get to school.
After years of packing lunches for picky kids, I’ve learned a few tricks to make things easier, and cut prep time in half.
My Top 5 School Lunch Packing Hacks:
- Set-up a simple lunch-packing station, and have the kids help out. They can totally do this job with just a small set-up from you. Seriously. I put each item in a clear container and let them pick one of each. They are required to have one protein (anything from sunflower butter to pepperoni) and something with fiber.
- Stock up on lunchbox snacks that both you and your kids love, like Dannon® Danimals®. I love products that are both nutritious and great-tasting, so my kids will actually eat them! And with flavors like Dannon® Danimals® Smoothies Strawberry Explosion/Banana Split Drink, there’s enough variety to keep school lunches fun. They’re also a good source of calcium and vitamin D with no artificial flavors. Mom win!
3. Batch-prep those lunches. Just as you meal prep dinners, you can batch-prep school lunches. Choose items that will pack well and stay in the fridge (cheese sticks and fruit cups, for example) and pull out each lunch/snack as needed.
4. Pick one lunch per week. Decide on a lunch “theme” (keep it simple!) and pack a week’s worth of lunches. You could do hummus & veggies or deli wraps, maybe even soup. The idea is to make the decision once for the whole week, and try something new the next.
5. Freeze items to be ready for lunchtime. Best trick I’ve learned– freeze items like Dannon® Danimals® Sqeezables Strawberry Banana Split Lowfat Yogurt and it’ll be cold & delicious by lunch hour.
We love how Dannon® Danimals® fits into our lives as a yummy, wholesome lunchbox must-have. Kid-friendly snacks that are adult-approved!
Stock up at your convenience with Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup service. It’s been such a time-saver for our family! Just order online and pickup at Walmart. Perfect for the busy back-to-school season.
Danimals wants to help your kids start the school year off right! Buy 3 participating Danimals® products and you will receive a $10 gift card for school supplies on walmart.com. Snack your way back to school with Danimals!