This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Celebrate the season with yummy Sweet Cream and Mixed Berry Ice Cream Sandwiches– tart berries mixed with sweet mascarpone cheese for a homemade ice cream that takes just minutes to whip up. With Reddi-wip 13 oz. Original Whipped Topping and COFFEE-MATE® Italian Sweet Cream Liquid Coffee Creamer 32 oz., it couldn’t be easier to make a cool treat to enjoy all summer long!
My kids and I love to spend time together in kitchen, making all sorts of dishes and treats. But come summer, who wants to hang out in the kitchen for hours? Not us!
So I’m loving this Sweet Cream and Mixed Berry ice cream recipe for a fun summer treat that is super simple to whip up, thanks to COFFEE-MATE® Italian Sweet Cream Liquid Coffee Creamer. You guys know I love a good cooking hack, and I use COFFEE-MATE® in recipes all the time to add a boost of flavor and creamy texture in an instant.
RECIPE FOR SWEET CREAM AND MIXED BERRY ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
For this ice cream, get out the sturdy mixer and blend it up. It’s as simple as tossing the ingredients in (heavy whipping cream, COFFEE-MATE®, mascarpone cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and a hint of vanilla), mixing until smooth, sprinkling in the berries, and popping it all into the freezer.
While you wait for the freezer to do its thing, you can bake up the shortbread cookies. Shortbread, in general, is one of the easiest things you can bake, which is why I chose it for this simple summer treat. The buttery flavor compliments the sweet berry ice cream perfectly.
Feel free to eat a couple cookies along the way!
Once the cookies have cooled, assemble the yummy sammy’s and finish off with a dollop of Reddi-wip. That’s real cream right there! I’ve been known to top overnight oats, fruit, and so much more with Reddi-wip. Add just a little, enjoy a lot!
Sweet Cream + Mixed Berry Ice Cream Sandwiches
For Ice Cream:
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz COFFEE-MATE® Sweet Cream Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, and/or strawberries)
- 1 cup strawberry jam
For Shortbread Cookies:
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 12 Tablespoons 1.5 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- optional add 1-2 Tbsp milk to make desired consistency
For Topping: Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping
- Line a large bread pan with parchment paper.
- Start making the ice cream base-- blend the whipping cream in a mixer until soft peaks form. Mix in the mascarpone, COFFEE-MATE® Sweet Cream Liquid Coffee Creamer, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt, and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in all of the berries.
- Pour a third of the mixture into the pan, smooth a layer of jam on top. Continue alternating layers until all the ice cream is in the pan.
- Chill in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all shortbread ingredients with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Roll out dough onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, about 1/2″ thick.
- Use a round biscuit butter (or any round cookie cutter, about 3″ in diameter) to make circles in the dough. Remove excess dough from sheet.
- Bake shortbread cookies for 20 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown. Let cool.
- Remove ice cream from freezer, scoop large mounds onto shortbread cookies, and top with another cookie. Finish off with a dollop of Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Topping!
Love these Sweet Cream and Mixed Berry Ice Cream Sandwiches? Grab the Reddi-wip and COFFEE-MATE® featured in this recipe at Walmart. There are classic flavors like French Vanilla, Italian Sweet Cream and Hazelnut… or maybe you’d like to try something more unique? How about new COFFEE-MATE® flavors Coconut Caramel Latte, Cookies and Cream, and Toasted Marshmallow Mocha? Make your morning coffee special, you deserve it! It’s like a coffeehouse right in your home.
Stock up for all your cooking & baking at Walmart and sweeten up your summer! Go HERE for more recipe inspiration.