This season, bake up some delicious Peppermint Christmas Crinkle Cookies with M&M’s for gift-giving and enjoying with friends and family.
With two little kids in our house, we are all about the holidays this year! From Christmas wish lists, to decorations, and traditional baking recipes… we are making the most of this holiday season.
As parents, we also want to incorporate a sentiment of giving this season. It’s part of what makes the holidays so special. So we’ll bake up a few dozen of our favorite Peppermint Christmas Crinkle Cookies with M&M’S®, enjoy some at home, and tuck a batch in decorated Ball® jars to give to others.
Let me share this yummy cookie recipe that has become a family holiday favorite: these Peppermint Christmas Crinkles Cookies with M&M’S® are a delicious blend of peppermint & chocolate, and taste amazing with a tall glass of milk.
We bake up a batch to enjoy as a family, and give the rest away in decorated Ball® jars. I like to use cute tags and rosemary to make the gift jars extra festive. Gotta love cookies that come in their own reusable, travel-friendly container!
Plus, the cookies are so fun to make. Start with white cake mix (yes, cake mix!) and make a basic sugar cookie, with some peppermint extract added in. Dye half with red food coloring and the other half with green. I use a mixer to speed up the process. Finally, add the M&M’S® to both batches.
Roll up into small balls, and dunk in powdered sugar. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes, flattening with the back of a spoon halfway through baking time to get the “crinkle” cookie effect.
All done… yum! Love that combo of peppermint and chocolate tucked in a soft sugar cookie. Pour a glass of milk and settle in. ‘Tis the season!
- 2 boxes white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp each red and green food coloring gel, may also use food coloring drops (add until color intensity is achieved)
- 1 bag M&M’S® Brand Holiday Milk Chocolate Candies
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a mixer to combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add peppermint extract, mix well.
- Divide batter into two portions in separate bowls. Add red food coloring to one and green to the other.
- Add M&M’S® Brand Holiday Milk Chocolate Candies to each bowl of batter, stir to combine.
- Roll a Tablespoon of batter into a ball, cover in powdered sugar, and lay out on prepared cookie sheet. (Parchment paper works best) Continue with the rest of the batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until solid in the center. To get the distinct “crinkle cookie” look, lightly flatten with the back of a spoon halfway through baking.
- Allow to cool & enjoy!
***This cookie scoop is a game-changer: http://amzn.to/2FzdUlI Perfect cookies every time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150