5 easy tricks to streamline your routine & find more time in the morning!
With back-to-school season in full swing, I can’t be the only one who feels stressed out in the morning. New routines have thrown everything into a frenzy, and before you know it, you’re mentally done before the day even starts.
I hear you!
Today I’m sharing 5 easy tricks that help my household run smoother in the mornings. We could all use more time, right?! I have two little ones who go to different schools, plus I work part-time from home and do most of the household tasks. Many of you have similar schedules.
I’ve found a few simple tricks that make my mornings easier, and dare I say… enjoyable. Let’s get to it!
- Prep Everything The Night Before Do as much as you can the night before. Pick out clothes (for everyone), make breakfast for the kiddos (thank you microwave!), pack lunches, get backpacks ready… you’ll be so thankful in the morning.
2. Batch Cook Breakfast Speaking of breakfast, I love to batch cook on the weekends. Egg muffins, pancakes, even smoothies can be made ahead of time. My kids even love to munch on some of my Sejoyia Coco-Roons. They love the Brownie & Lemon Pie varieties. I get it, they’re delicious! Plus, they’re healthy, organic, clean-eating, non-GMO treats, so the whole family can enjoy them.
3. Filling Wholesome Snacks for Mom Confession… I’m usually multitasking while I eat breakfast. Hey– it’s an important meal, and grabbing something while I answer emails is sometimes how it gets done. I love the Brownie Coco-Roons with my coffee in the morning. The raw, organic cocoa is divine with hot coffee or tea. Chocolate will most definitely get me out of bed, and bonus– these snacks are also good for you!
The original superfood cookie, Coco-Roons are a gluten-free snack option that’s now available at Walmart. The flavors go way beyond your average snack, and I really appreciate that they’re made with a handful of ingredients that I can pronounce. They’re my go-to for a vegan, paleo, and gluten-free snack anytime of the day!
4. Shower at Night Once you switch this up, you won’t look back. Enjoy a quiet, interruption-free shower at night and wake up to dry hair and more time! I use dry shampoo in the morning when needed and then curl or straighten my hair for the day. If you have longer hair, a quick bun or ponytail will be your best friend.
5. Give Kids More Responsibility Particularly if you have both older kids and younger kids. You’d be amazed what your kids are capable of doing when they get a little bit of independence. A rewards system/allowance also helps. Once I started handing off morning tasks, my third grader rose to the challenge, and now she does all sorts of helpful jobs in the morning. With a little nudging from mom, of course.
Hope these tips inspire you to streamline your morning routine & enjoy that cup of coffee! Here’s to a new school year!
Check out Coco-Roons— the organic, gluten-free, Paleo-friendly, non-GMO, vegan, and Kosher you’ll love! Find them in the gluten-free section at Walmart.
Take advantage of the $0.75 off ibotta offer when you purchase 1 Sejoyia Coco-Roons at Walmart, while supplies last! Also, get an additional $.50 for redeeming the rebate on 3 different shopping trips!