You’ll want to add this easy, Mexican-inspired dish to your grilling menu– pulled pork quesadillas. Can be made ahead of time in the slow cooker.
Pulled Pork Fajitas
This summer, we have been all about backyard entertaining. We have little kids, as do our friends, and it always sounds like a good idea to have a casual backyard get together. The kids can play, and the grown-ups have a chance to chat!
Everyone wins– especially when we serve easy dinners that can be grilled up outside. Fresh Mexican food sounded perfect for a hot summer night, and we knew the kiddos would love the quesadillas. Nothing says summer like lighting up the grill and eating al fresco!
We loved the flavor of the pulled pork in combination with the fajita veggies and pico de gallo.
I love to the crockpot to cook up the pulled pork. Keeps the kitchen cooler than the oven. Plus I can cook it ahead of time! Super convenient for this mom to heat it up and serve “as is”. Makes it easy to host a last minute get together!
The perfect grilling menu leads to a healthier lifestyle? Let’s celebrate that!
Love these pulled pork quesadillas?! Try these easy dinners with your family:
- 1/2 lb pulled pork, cooked (see slow cooker directions below)
- 1 packet, fajita seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon, cooking oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 4 cups fajita veggies, sliced (I used a frozen mix of onions & bell peppers, heated up in a skillet)
- 2 cups, shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cups, pico de gallo
- Optional: sour cream and extra pico de gallo for dipping
- Heat up/cook pulled pork. Add meat to slow cooker and rub with fajita seasoning & 1 Tablespoon of cooking oil. I recommend cooking on high for 4 hours, or longer if cooking more than a lb.
- When meat is cooked, shred into pieces with two forks.
- Lay out four tortillas, and top with the 1/2 cup of pulled pork, fajita veggies, cheese, and pico de gallo in equal amounts.
- Top each with a tortilla, and heat up on grill for about 3-5 minutes, flipping midway.
- Once cheese is totally melted, pull off grill and allow to cool.
- Serve with dipping sauces and enjoy!