Five simple ways for moms to find more “me time” to themselves. Where do we find some well-deserved breathing space in our schedules?
We hear it all the time “Take care of YOU”… “Make self-care a priority”… “You need time for yourself”
And we all agree, right? But it’s never quite clear how. Our lives are full. Whether our kids are little or about to fly the nest, we have commitments that keep us busy from morning until night.
Where do we find some breathing space in our schedules? Anyone who has experienced burn-out knows it’s no fun, so I’m here today to share 5 ways for you to find more “me time”. Yep, moms need it just like everybody else.
It’s 5 super simple ways to get some time to yourself, so you can put your feet up, relish the quiet, and enjoy a noosa mates.
Noosa mates is a brand-new lineup of mix-in yoghurts, with high quality toppings that you add to make a crunchy, sweet, even savory snack. The yoghurt flavors are rich and complex, as you expect from noosa. And the toppings– from crunchy granola to premium chocolate, make for a memorable snack.
I enjoy all the noosa mates, but I’m particular to maple ginger noosa and coconut almond chocolate noosa. Sounds amazing, right?
The flavors are delightful, especially when paired with the toppings– sweet, crunchy, and smooth all at once. It’s perfect for savoring during a little “me time”, any time of the day.
5 Ways to Find More “Me Time”:
- Savor the early morning hours. Wake up just a little bit early than the kids, and get centered for your day. Even 20 minutes can make a difference and boost your mood.
- Head to a park, and pop in those headphones. Enjoy a podcast or audio book while watching the kids play. They’ll get the wiggles out, and you’ll get a chance to recharge. Then everyone heads home feeling refreshed.
- Babysitting Swap. Is there another mom in your neighborhood who could use an hour to herself as well? Take her kids one day and trade babysitting hours. It’s free! Plus, the kids will love to see their friends– hello boredom buster!
- Afternoon quiet time. We’re big fans of this routine, especially during the summer. For an hour or so every afternoon, the kids do a quiet activity. Big kids can read or do crafts, and little kids love a bin of dollar store items. Keep the kiddos busy for a little bit, and the rest of the afternoon is better for everyone.
- Enlist Older Siblings. Have kids old enough to babysit the little ones? Excellent! Whether you reward them or consider it their duty to the family, use your resources, and get some time to yourself!
I love to enjoy a noosa mates during any quiet moments I can find. It’s always YUM, and satisfies my craving for a little snack. Plus, I can always pop the lid of the 5.5oz tubs back on to finish later. Great for any time of day!
Looking for more inspiration on how to find well-deserved “me time”? Check out the time blocking strategy for scheduling. It’s a game changer!
Noosa mates will be available nationwide, in stores such as Target and Whole Food, in August.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.