Easy cereal snack bars are a sweet treat for the whole family!
I have such a fun snack to share with you today! It’s an easy treat to enjoy with the family– both kids & adults love it. My family couldn’t get enough! Making your own snack bars is so simple, and a great activity to do with the little ones. Bonding time & a yummy snack at the end!
My favorite cereals for this recipe are Post Golden Crisps, Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted, or Honey Combs cereals. Crunchy & sweet, they all work well in this snack bar.
I love how these Post cereals feature the SING movie characters! My kids are SO excited to see SING, so they were thrilled when we picked up these cereals at Walmart. You can enter the SING National Sweepstakes for a chance to win $100,000 or free movie tickets! Simply enter the codes that are printed inside the box into the sweepstakes website. SO FUN.
I really enjoy recipes that I can make with my kids, because they get such a kick out of it! They took turns stirring the melted marshmallows together with the Golden Crisps cereal.
Then we spread it out into a pan, and let it cool. Thankfully, it doesn’t take long, because the kiddos get anxious!
Cut into rectangles, add the sticks, and drizzle with chocolate. We had a little fun and decided to go with milk chocolate, white chocolate, and butterscotch chips. Add whichever treats you have on hand!
No worries about making it perfect– it’ll taste yummy no matter what. Which is exactly what you want from a kid-friendly recipe, right?!
Allow the chocolate to harden, and grab a treat!
These snack bars make it easy & fun to enjoy cereal all day long. It’s a sweet snack that everybody will love. Crunchy, chewy, sweet, and even a little bit salty; it’s the perfect snack for a fun family day! Take it to go on all your family adventures.
Love these cereal snack bars? Check out more kid-friendly snacks!
- 1 box, Post Golden Crisps cereal
- 1 bag, mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup, unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup each, milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips, divided
- Prepare a 9" by 9" pan by lining it with wax or parchment paper.
- Place marshmallows and butter in a microwave-safe dish (or pan on the stovetop) and heat until melted, stirring to fully combine.
- Add cereal, stirring gently until mixed in.
- Add 1/4 cup of each kind of chocolate candy, stir again.
- Spread out into prepared 9" by 9" pan.
- Allow to cool (about 15 minutes or so)
- Remove from pan, cut into rectangles.
- Add sticks to treats.
- Melt each kind of chocolate in the microwave, then use fork to drizzle over treats.
- Allow chocolate to harden, then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205
Post cereals make a great breakfast or snack for the whole family. With plenty of variety, there is something for everyone, and endless possibilities for sweet or savory snacks!
What would you make with Post cereals? I’d love to hear your snack ideas!