Candy cane cookie dough truffles are a perfectly festive holiday treat!
The holiday season is here; and with it, plenty of opportunities for parties, special dinners, and of course, cookie exchanges. Growing up, baking was always such a HUGE part of our holidays. My mom would bake for weeks in advance, freezing cookies, candies, and cakes in anticipation of sharing them with others.
To me, that’s the warm, fuzzy part of the holidays. Making something special, from the heart, to share with family and friends.
One of her favorite treats–to share or keep–were peppermint cookies. She would pull out the McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract, crush up some candy canes, and make pure white cookies that only made an appearance during the month of December.
I love these cookies, and now serve them to my daughters, ages 2 & 7. Being a busy mom, I put my own twist on the recipe, so they take half the time to make, but taste just as yummy!
What’s my secret? Cake mix cookie batter!
You know my love for cake mix cookies… simply add cream cheese, milk, or eggs to cake mix for delicious cookies in a snap.
Well, once I made over this family cookie recipe with that trick in mind, I decided to take things one step further…
It’s so simple to roll up the cookie dough (no raw eggs, so the kids can help), and dip them in white & milk chocolate for a fun, festive treat!
Like my mom did all those years ago, I crushed up mini candy canes for the “dough” & the truffle topping. And guys, these have the most satisfying candy crunch, I’m telling you.
It’s like a candy and a cookie all-in-one. A winner for sure.
I only use McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract in this recipe- I trust the quality and know that the treats will come out just like Mom’s. That’s important around the holidays! Certain aromas and flavors can take you right back to childhood. And now, I’m making memories with my own kiddos.
Do you have a special holiday family cookie recipe? Rolling them up into chocolate truffles puts a fun twist on classic treats! And it’s super easy. Just dip in melted chocolate, then chill in the fridge. Don’t forget the candy toppings!
Special McCormick spice flavors like Gingerbread Spice, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, and Pure Peppermint Extract add classic flavors to our holiday desserts. Stock up & enjoy festive treats all season long!
Love these candy cane cookie dough truffles? Check out these Cinnamon Sticky Bun Oreo Cookies Balls!
Candy Cane Cookie Dough Truffles
Candy cane cake mix cookies, made into chocolate truffles.
- 1 box white cake mix not yellow
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 4 large candy canes or a dozen small ones, broken into pieces (put candy into a gallon-sized baggie, seal, and break into pieces with a mallet or frying pan)
- 3 cups each white chocolate chips & milk chocolate chips
- Combine first three ingredients using a stand or hand mixer.
- Add in 2/3 of the candy cane pieces, fold into mixture.
- Roll "batter" up into balls, slightly smaller than a golf ball.
- Heat up white chocolate chips in microwave, for 30 seconds at a time, until melted.
- Dip half of cookie balls into white chocolate, turning to cover completely, and lay out on wax paper. Top with a sprinkle of candy cane pieces while chocolate is still melted.
- Repeat with other half of cookie balls in the milk chocolate.
- Put treats into fridge to firm up for an hour.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of McCormick®.