Orange candy-flavored popcorn mixed with Halloween candies makes for a spooky treat! You’ll love this Halloween candy popcorn mix for a fun treat to make with the kids.
I have a sweet treat that is going to rock your Halloween parties! It’s full of classic candies, plus a crunch of orange-flavored popcorn… delish!
It’s super easy to create this perfectly festive orange candy popcorn. Using orange-flavored gelatin, you can make this snack in no time at all.
Simply pop a bag of popcorn in the microwave according to package instructions (or use the stove top, whichever method you prefer). Scoop the popcorn into a large bowl, being careful not to leave any unpopped kernels behind.
Meanwhile, heat up butter, corn syrup, sugar, and orange-flavored gelatin in a sauce pan, and simmer for about five minutes. Pour onto popcorn, and toss to coat. Heat up in the oven for 12-15 minutes, allow to cool, and break into bite-sizes pieces.
Practically glowing, right? Really puts you into the holiday spirit. At the point, I had to turn on some spooky Halloween tunes. We may have been grooving to “Monster Mash” in my kitchen.
I love this recipe because it’s fun, festive, and easy to make. Anyone with a sweet tooth will dig right in! And everyone has a sweet tooth on Halloween…
Serve in mini-bowls alongside Starburst Halloween Mix and extra DOVE Milk Chocolate Ghosts and M&M’S Boo-terscotch White Chocolate. Grab a handful and enjoy the night!
Love this Halloween candy popcorn mix? Check out more Halloween goodies!
- Orange-flavored gelatin, 5 oz
- 8 cups popped popcorn, remove any unpopped kernels
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 T light corn syrup, or honey
- DOVE Milk Chocolate Ghosts
- M&M'S Boo-terscotch White Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil or parchment.
- Place popcorn in an extra large mixing bowl (scoop popcorn from microwave bag to bowl to avoid including unpopped kernels).
- Place butter and syrup in a sauce pan on medium heat. Stir until butter is melted. Add sugar and gelatin and stir to combine.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat so it just simmers. Continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- After the sugar mixture simmers for 5 minutes, immediately pour over popcorn in bowl.
- Mix right away and keep stirring so everything gets well coated.
- Spread mixture onto prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Pop in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool to room temp.
- Break into pieces, add DOVE Milk Chocolate Ghosts and M&M'S Boo-terscotch White Chocolate, and stir lightly to combine.
- Enjoy the sweet & salty popcorn mix!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330