Wholesome Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins, featuring the goodness of Bob’s Red Mill Oats, make for a filling breakfast snack or lunchtime treat.
Well, the school year is officially upon us–are you already sweating over breakfast and snack ideas? It can be hard to find snacks that parents and kids both love, right?!
No worries, I’ve got you covered. Those delectable muffins up there are full of wholesome ingredients, including Bob’s Red Mill Oats, which are rich in dietary fiber. Meaning, they are just as filling as they are tasty.
And they are mighty tasty.
I assure you, these muffins are kid-approved! They have kid-friendly ingredients, like peanut butter and plenty of chocolate chips. But thanks to Greek yogurt and oats, they will also keep your kids full and focused for hours.
As parents, we want to give our kids every chance to do their best. That’s why I love to add oats to many of the breakfast and after school snacks that I make for my girls. Oats are a incredibly versatile whole grain! They add texture and flavor to some of our favorite baked goods. Sometimes I even add them to my smoothies!
We use Bob’s Red Mill oats because they are kiln-roasted which gives them a deliciously wholesome flavor. They also have Gluten Free Oats, which are sourced gluten free, packaged in a 100% gluten free facility, and tested every step of the way. So you can be certain you’re getting whole grain oats that the entire family can enjoy.
For this recipe, I used Bob’s Red Mill Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats.
Rolled oats are different from steel-cut oats in how they are processed. As the name suggests, rolled oats are rolled flat and steel cut are chopped into several pieces to give it a distinctly chewier texture. Both are delicious, but I knew my kids would love rolled oats in these snackable muffins.
It’s a classic muffin recipe with extra protein and fiber. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, and pop into the oven for about 15 minutes.
Once baked you can dive in (yes, please!) or freeze to have on hand for busy mornings or to tuck into lunchboxes. They’re so rich and chocolatey, they can totally pass for a treat.
Crumbly, soft, and full of flavor–you’ll love them too! Just save some for the kids…
Like these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins? Check the ever-popular Double Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins!
- 1 cup plain white flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, plus a handful for sprinkling on top of muffins
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup, peanut butter
- 1/2 cup, Bob's Red Mill Rollled Oats, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top of muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, briskly whisk together the egg and Greek yogurt. Stir in the vegetable oil,vanilla extract, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix; then add chocolate chips and oats and stir until incorporated into the batter.
- Separate the batter evenly among the muffin cups in a prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then pull muffins out and top with remaining chocolate chips and oats. Put back in oven for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- Allow to cool and then remove from the muffin tin.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305
For savings on Bob’s Red Mill Oats, check out this coupon. Enjoy & happy baking!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.