Enjoy double chocolate Greek yogurt muffins for a yummy, protein-packed snack or for breakfast. These delicious Nesquik Muffins are the perfect mix of healthy and indulgent.
greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins
This decadent-looking snack is actually good for you! Plus, it’s easy to bake and take on-the-go… awesome!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THESE NESQUIK MUFFINS:
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup, vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, divided
DIRECTIONS TO MAKE THESE NESQUIK MUFFINS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vegetable oil, egg, and Greek yogurt until smooth.
- Sift the flour, NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together. Slowly stir in the wet ingredients.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups – fill them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, pull muffins out and top with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake for an additional four minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool until ready to eat.
I’m always brainstorming ways to get more protein and good stuff into my kids, especially first thing in the morning. I like to use Greek yogurt and Nesquik in my baked goods for an extra boost! Nesquik adds a delicious chocolate taste my kids love with no artificial colors or flavors. There are a ton of great chocolate Nesquik recipes at www.nesquik.com!
I knew it would go perfectly in my double chocolate muffin recipe.
keep these handy tools in your kitchen to easily make this muffin recipe:
- glass nesting bowls – multiple sizes, easy to clean, dishwasher safe, microwave safe, use little storage space
- sifter – easy to use, contains the mess
Simply combine basic chocolate muffin ingredients, using Nesquik in lieu of cocoa powder and sugar, and add Greek yogurt for a rich taste. It makes for a thick batter and amaaaazing muffins!
Pull them out about 2/3 of the way through baking time and top with extra chocolate chips.
So rich! Welcome to your new favorite snack.
What is Nesquik made of?
Basically it is sugar and cocoa powder.
Is Nesquik real milk?
Nesquik Milk is made with 100% real milk and has 8g of protein in every 8 fluid ounce serving.
Can chocolate muffins be frozen?
Yes, cool completely and then wrap in plastic wrap. Then place in a bag or airtight container in the freezer.
I love to tuck these inside of lunch boxes or as an after school snack. They are super stars when served with breakfast. Nesquik not only tastes yummy, it also contains 7 essential vitamins and minerals.
Every morning, I try to fill my kids up with good nutrition to last them through the day, and these muffins do the job. Whether they have Nesquik with milk or in a muffin, I know that they are getting the nutrients needed to fuel their potential.
Plus, they’re so tasty.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 129mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g