Using biscuit dough and cream cheese, these Churro Cheesecake Donut Holes are a cinch to make and even easier to eat. These cream cheese donuts are a bite-sized treat!
Quite a title. This snack/dessert/brunch superstar delivers, I promise.
Super easy, yummy little bites of goodness.
Let’s get right to it. The secret is to use biscuit dough.
Cut it up and roll into little balls.
And the cheesecake? Cream cheese with cinnamon sugar added.
So simple, right?
The important part is to fry the donuts at the right temperature. It must be 350 degrees.
Anything lower and the donut balls fall apart. Anything higher and you’ll burn your you-know-whats.
Perfectly crispy golden brown on the side. That’s what we’re going for.
I made these with pudding, waaay back in the day. Despite the work-in-progress photos, they were (and still are) a huge hit. In fact, any recipe with easy shortcuts does quite well. You guys speak my language.
Add the cheesecake filling with a piping bag if you’re feeling fancy. Otherwise, a sandwich baggie with a hole cut in the bottom corner will work just fine.
Whatever you do, don’t skimp on the cinnamon sugar.
Easy to make, melt-in-your-mouth, cinnamon-sugar bites of happiness.
You gotta try them for yourself. Simply delightful.
- 1 can, biscuit dough
- 1/2 cup, cream cheese
- 1/2 cup, sugar
- 1 Tablespoon, cinnamon
- Cooking Oil, I used vegetable oil- enough to fill 1" on bottom of skillet
- piping bag or sandwich baggie
- Cut each biscuit round into four pieces, roll each into a small ball.
- Mix cinnamon sugar together in small bowl.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in skillet
- Drop half of batch of donut holes into skillet, flipping as need to ensure even cooking.
- Once donut holes start to turn golden brown, remove with slotted spoon and lay out on paper towel to drain.
- Roll donut holes in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Repeat process with second batch.
- Add cream cheese to piping bag.
- Once donut holes have cooled, poke a hole in one with tip of piping bag. Then, squeeze small amount (about a teaspoon) of cream cheese into the donut hole.
- Repeat with all the donuts.
- Best eaten same day.