A classic A&W® Root Beer float topped with chocolate-covered cherries.
Nothing says summer like an A&W Root Beer float. Such a fun treat to share on a hot summer night. Your whole family will love our cherry-flavored variety!
We love to add cherry juice to ours, so I decided to take it one step further and make chocolate-covered cherries to put on top! So simple to make, even the kids can help out. First, you need maraschino cherries with stems. You could spear them with a fork, but it is so much easier to dip them in chocolate when you have a stem to hold. Trust me.
Rinse off the extra cherry juice, and dry them with a napkin. Next, dry them out even further by chilling them (uncovered) in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight). It’s super important that they are dry before you try dipping them in chocolate.
Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, and dip all the cherries. Lay them out on wax paper, and back into the fridge they go! I make a bunch ahead of time. They keep for a while in the fridge… it’s just maraschino cherries & chocolate, right? Now we get to the main event! Time to make those cherry root beer floats.
Again, the kids can help. My daughters love to make their own. I love making memories in the kitchen with them. It’s the best. We all love to make fun treats together, and this is one of our favorite summer recipes. We enjoy A&W Root Beer floats all season long!
Pour in some classic A&W Root Beer with vanilla ice cream. My kids love to watch it foam up. Add cherry juice to taste. Right from the cherry jar.
Top with more ice cream, sprinkles, and those chocolate-covered cherries!
Adds such a special touch to a classic summer treat. So easy to make, and will surely impress your friends and family. Break out of your routine & try this twist on a favorite drink. Cherry, chocolate, and root beer? GIMME.
Pour yourself an A&W Root Beer float today, and don’t forget to put the cherry on top!
- 1- 1 Liter of A&W® Root Beer
- 1 carton of vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries, preferably with stems
- 6 oz., milk chocolate chips
- Rinse and dry off cherries.
- Place in fridge for a few hours to dry off even more.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave, 10 secs at a time, stirring each time.
- Holding the stem, dip each cherry in chocolate, then place on wax paper.
- Repeat with all the cherries.
- Place cherries in fridge for a few hours to solidify.
- Scoop enough ice cream to fill up glasses.
- Pour in A&W Root Beer to top of glass.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of cherry juice.
- Top with sprinkles and a couple chocolate-covered cherries.
Pick up some A&W Root Beer at Meijer & make some of your own memories!
I’d love to know…what does your perfect A&W float look like?
Buy 1 A&W® 2-liter, Get 1 Free using mPerks digital coupon at your local Meijer
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of A&W®. The opinions and texts are all mine.