This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Looking for yummy summer treat? I’ve got you covered. These cupcake sundaes are so easy and so fun! Even the kids can help out.
It’s a cupcake and sundae in one! This calls for hot summer nights and bright, sunny days.
Now that school is out, my kids are ready to party! They are pumped to spend time outside with their friends. And what better way to celebrate than with a sundae? Easy to make & always a hit. Perfect treat to kick off the summer months!
You gotta start with the sundae basics… Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla ice cream and Smucker’s Microwaveable Hot Fudge Topping. Quality ingredients really make the difference.
Don’t you just love the new clear packaging? Really lets you see all the swirls of flavor.
Let’s make some sundaes! Start by baking up little half cupcakes like so….
You want to fill the cupcake only about 1/3 full with batter. That leaves plenty of room for the ice cream. Bake and allow to cool.
Pick one of the many dee-licious Blue Bunny® flavors, and scoop a bit on top of the cupcake. Liberally drizzle on the Smucker’s Microwaveable Hot Fudge Topping, and add the whipped topping. Finish off with toffee & chocolate pieces.
Serve immediately and dig in. Forks, spoons, or hands, anything goes.
Kiddos love these, especially to celebrate the beginning of summer. We always have an end-of-the-school-year play date with friends, and this treat was a hit. They can enjoy them outside, and get as messy as they want. Sounds perfect, right?!
I love how the Smucker’s ice cream toppings make for an inexpensive way to jazz up our ice cream treats. I’m all about the easy & budget-friendly, especially when it comes to play dates. I can always use new and fun ideas to keep the kids happy in the summer months, and I had a feeling you might as well!
Cool down with a yummy treat this summer.
- 4 scoops, Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla ice cream, divided
- chocolate cake mix, prepared
- Smucker's Microwaveable Hot Fudge Topping, measured to desired amount for each sundae
- whipped topping, 1 cup, divided per sundae
- 1/4 cup toffee pieces, divided per sundae
- Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full with cake batter. Bake according to cake mix instructions. Allow to cool.
- Top four with one scoop of ice cream each.
- Drizzle on Smucker's Microwaveable Hot Fudge Topping.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle on toffee pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Extra mini-cupcakes can be stored in a sealed container until ready to be served.
For this recipe, I used Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla ice cream and Smucker’s Microwaveable Hot Fudge Topping. I picked up these items as well as Blue Bunny® Blu’s Birthday Party® and Blue Bunny® Salted Caramel Craze at Walmart.