Your whole family will love this fun popcorn! Cinnamon Roll Popcorn Pop Secret features popcorn topped with cinnamon-sugar and white chocolate. Pop some up as a special treat for a movie night in!
Easy Cinnamon Popcorn
My family LOVES a movie night, especially with the right snacks. Pop Secret Popcorn is our fave, but we like to add toppings to make it extra special. One of our all-time favorite popcorn recipes is for Cinnamon Bun Popcorn. Such a tasty movie night snack to share!
It is such a treat, and pretty simple to make a batch.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CINNAMON POPCORN POP SECRET:
- 1 bag, Pop Secret Popcorn, Homestyle
- 1/2 C roughly chopped pecans
- 1 C brown sugar
- 3/4 t cinnamon
- 1/4 C corn syrup or honey
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup, white chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS TO MAKE THIS CINNAMON POPCORN POP SECRET:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Microwave the Pop Secret Popcorn according to the package directions.
- Place popcorn and chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside. Tip: scoop the popcorn out of the bag into the bowl, as opposed to pouring it out. Scooping allows you to avoid adding in any unpopped kernels.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl. Stir well.
- Chop butter into chunks and place on top of sugar mixture. Pour corn syrup (or honey) over the top of everything.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds (just to soften the butter a bit) and then stir to combine.
- Return to microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir and then microwave for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the microwave and add in vanilla and baking soda. Mixture will bubble up.
- Pour over popcorn and pecans, and stir well to coat.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto a prepared jelly roll pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Microwave white chocolate chip for 30 seconds at a time, until melted.
- Drizzle white chocolate over popcorn using a fork.
- Allow to cool.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
First, pop your Pop Secret Popcorn according to the package directions. Then, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and corn syrup in a bowl & microwave.
Add vanilla extract & baking soda, then stir to combine. Pour over popcorn & pecans and mix to coat completely.
*You can go nut-free if you prefer.
Now it’s time to bake! This part makes the popcorn nice & crunchy. Pop in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then remove and top with melted white chocolate.
handy tools need to make this easy cinnamon popcorn:
- glass nesting bowls – multi-sized, little storage needed, microwave and dishwasher safe
- nonstick pan – easy to use, heavy duty pan
Your family want to dig right in. Don’t worry, there’s plenty for everybody!
I love to serve this treat in ramekins. It provides a good-sized portion and make movie night more special. These silicone ramekins in assorted colors are the best, because everyone gets their own color and they are so easy to clean!
What can I use instead of butter for popcorn?
You can use vegetable oil, popcorn oil, olive oil, or coconut oil.
What is sweet popcorn called?
Sweet popcorn is called kettle corn. It is a mix of salty and sweet and is made by adding sugar to the popcorn.
What can I add to popcorn?
The possibilities are literally endless. You can add candy, spices, melted chocolate, caramel, cheese, and even trail mix!
Movie night is such a relaxing time for my family. We can kick back and enjoy a classic movie together. The kids can move around if they want (especially the two year old!) or just snuggle on the couch. We bring in extra pillows and blankets and get comfy!
Pass around the popcorn and enjoy a movie together!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 275mg Carbohydrates: 46g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 39g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g