Pina Colada cupcakes stuffed with pineapple and topped with coconut.
Looking for a tasty, sunshine-inspired snack to serve this spring & summer? I’ve got you covered.
These cupcakes are SO fun. I love the pineapple chunk baked right inside.
As a child, I used to live for those “Not-A-Coladas” you can get on the beach in resort towns. It was *the* treat to get on family vacations. Let’s face it, I was all about the food even back then! Florida meant oysters, popcorn shrimp, key lime pie, and everything covered in coconut.
These cupcakes take me back. It’s the yummy combo of coconut shreds and pineapple chunks.
And, because it’s made with real bananas, it adds both flavor and texture. Trust me, that’s one delectable cupcake.
Oh so tropical. Bananas, pineapple, coconut… your kids will love it. Mine couldn’t get enough! I know I’ll be making batches & batches to have as a fun snack outdoors this summer.
Of course, it’s all about the garnish!
Sweet cupcakes with a cherry on top!
- 1 box, white cake mix (plus cooking oil and eggs needed to make cupcakes)
- 1 1/4 cups milk, subbing for water, according to cake mix instructions
- 1 cup, pineapple chunks
- 1 container, white whipped frosting
- 1/2 cup, maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup, shredded coconut
- Preheat oven according to instructions on cake mix box.
- Mix together cake mix, cooking oil, eggs, and milk, following cake box instructions.
- Fill a muffin tin with batter, each cup about 2/3 full.
- Drop a pineapple chunk into each cup.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until cupcakes are solid.
- Allow to cool.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Top with shredded coconut, pineapple chunk, and cherry!