This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BlackBoxSummer #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Serve these balsamic strawberry & goat cheese crostini with a glass of Chardonnay Black Box Wine to get the party started anywhere, anytime!
The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I have the perfect wine & appetizer pairing for you today! I can’t be the only one with outdoor parties on the brain! In our neighborhood, we live for impromptu get togethers, especially when the weather turns warmer.
I am decidedly not into spending hours in the kitchen prepping for such an affair. Spontaneous is best! The easier it is to host, more often it happens.
This appetizer is a cinch to whip up quick, and the wine is my favorite little convenience for parties.
Let’s get into the recipe!
Simply slice up a baguette (you could even freeze one to have on hand), toast the slices. and top with goat cheese, sliced strawberries, and homemade balsamic reduction.
I promise that “balsamic reduction” is much more delicious than complicated. It’s the simple process of heating up balsamic vinegar with some sugar, until it turns into a syrup. You could even make some ahead of time, and store it in the fridge, ready for a party. It takes these crostini over.the.top.
Drizzle some on ripen strawberries, and you have a colorful dish that your guests will devour.
It pairs beautifully with the Chardonnay from Black Box Wine. Gotta love a wine that you allows you to easily take four 750ml bottles with you in one box! Any host would appreciate that. Plus it’s available for 40% less than comparable bottled wines… half the price of bottled wine! Can’t beat that! I love picking up a few boxes to have around for backyard parties. It stays fresh for up to six weeks, so no worries there. Perfect for any season.
And let’s be real. That spicket is mighty convenient. You can just set out a few boxes for friends or adult family members, and know that it will be a hit. I mean, Black Box Wines have won over 50 Gold Medals for quality. That tells me that I’m giving my guests the best, for less. It’s definitely a mark above other boxed wines.
Or you can save it for spontaneous celebrations. It’s ready to go for picnics, vacations, or just a party down the block. We have enjoyed plenty of fun game times with friends and this wine. It’s a winner, no pun intended.
So take my advice– grab a box to serve with this delish appetizer. Kick back and relax. This is effortless entertaining at its best.
- 1 baguette
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 4 oz. goat cheese, I used the honey variety
- 1/4 cup, balsamic reduction (recipe below): 1 cup balsamic vinegar, plus 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 box, Chardonnay Black Box Wine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice baguettes into 1/2" pieces, lay flat on prepared cookie sheet, and toast in oven (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, add vinegar and sugar to a pot on medium heat.
- Stir vinegar mixture until sugar dissolves and liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup (resembles maple syrup).
- Remove reduction from heat, allow to cool.
- Top toasted crostini slices with 1 Tablespoon goat cheese, a few sliced strawberries, and a drizzle of the balsamic reduction.
- Serve with Chardonnay Black Box Wine.
Check out the Simple Entertaining Social Hub for more entertaining ideas!