This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
A slow cooker, Tex-Mex style cheeseburger soup.
You wouldn’t believe how easy it is to make this soup. After the first spoonful, you will love your slow cooker… if you don’t already.
Hunt’s & RO*TEL make it easy to put a fresh, flavorful meal on the table, even on a busy weekday. Let me break it down for you.
I’m a huge fan of soups, especially ones that can be made in the slow cooker. We eat these types of meals at least twice a week. It just works for our family. They’re easy, convenient, and full of flavor.
For this meal, you definitely want to use a slow cooker liner. Never heard of them? I just saved you some scrubbing time at the sink. They are an absolute necessity, especially if you use your slow cooker as often as we do.
See all that cheesy goodness? That’s what I’m talking about. But it’s also a wholesome meal for your family. Plenty of diced tomatoes, ground beef, and stick-to-your-ribs bakery bread to serve with it. In my house, you simply cannot have soup without bread for dunking. It’s just not done.
I grabbed a loaf from the bakery area at Walmart, and it was a delicious way to round out this meal, without breaking the bank. I love that.
Be sure to be heavy-handed with the toppings. Honestly, I like about 50/50 toppings to soup. I mean look at those RO*TEL tomatoes & peppers, the shredded cheese, and chopped green onions…absolutely makes the soup.
And a tip for chopping green onions? Use kitchen scissors. That’s right!
You can chop/snip them right into the bowl. No cutting board, no hassle. Such a time saver.
It’s little hacks like these that help me to get a home-cooked meal on the table. We can use all the help we can get, right?! Life is busy.
Let’s all take a moment and enjoy a simply delicious, comfort meal.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 b ground beef
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can, Hunt's diced tomatoes
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 can, RO*TEL
- 1/4 cup, chopped green onions
- 1 baguette french bread, sliced
- Heat medium-sized skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet, cooking until it's all tender, about 5 minutes.
- Place a liner in the slow cooker and pour in onions & garlic.
- Add ground beef to the same skillet you used for the onions and brown ground beef until cooked through.
- Drain ground beef and add to slow cooker.
- In small cup, mix together flour and 1/2 cup of the broth and stir until smooth.
- Add flour and broth mixture to the skillet along with the remaining 2 1/2 cups of broth.
- Bring to a simmer, and stir well, including any of the browned bits in the slow cooker left from the beef ~ then transfer to broth mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add evaporated milk, 7 oz. of cheese, Hunt's tomatoes, and salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for two hours.
- Stir to combine and serve in bowls.
- Top with remainig cheese, a couple Tablespoons of RO*TEL, and a teaspoon of green onions.
- Serve with slices of bakery bread.
Pick up the Hunt’s & RO*TEL products to make this dish at Walmart. Don’t forget the loaf of fresh bakery bread!
For more recipes that your family will enjoy during the colder months, visit: Yes You Can Recipes!