Super easy cookies made with funfetti cake mix and stuffed with Nutella.
I’m never making cookies without cake mix again. Seriously.
Once you realize how easy and (frankly) better tasting they are than regular cookies? Never going back.
I’ve made White Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies, M&M’s Crispy Cake Mix Cookies, 3 Ingredient Soft Pumpkin Cookies, and now Nutella-Stuffed Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies. All winners. Not very modest, but true. The cake mix gets all the credit.
I figured out a super cool trick to make them perfectly every time. Wanna hear it?
Cream cheese. It makes them soft, dense, dare I say it … moist. But really, it’s the only way to make these cake mix cookies. Simply cake mix, cream cheese, butter, and one egg. No dry ingredients/wet ingredients nonsense. Just a simple recipe for a delicious cookie.
Oh and I stuffed them with Nutella because why not. Why the heck not.
We’re finally hopefully on-the-mend from the Epic Cold of 2016. I swear, we just kept passing it around to each other. And who is sick today…?
So I’ve been praying for Spring, washing my hands obsessively, and making lots of comfort food. Preferably with sprinkles.
Beat away the winter blahs (& colds!) with some rainbow sprinkles. It’s good for you.
- 1 box, Funfetti cake mix
- 1 egg
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup, butter, room temperature (or softened in the microwave)
- 1/2 cup, rainbow sprinkles or nonpareils
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Spoon Nutella (about a teaspoon at a time, eyeball it) onto a lined cookie sheet, and freeze for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, egg, cream cheese, and butter with a mixer.
- Scoop a golf ball size amount into your hand, add a dab of Nutella, close up the dough around it, and roll into a ball.
- Roll cookie ball into sprinkles, covering completely.
- Finish all cookies, and pop into the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tops look solid.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!