An easy recipe to make cafe drinks at home, for a little indulgence in your day. Enjoy a homemade caramel latte, without a fancy (+ expensive!) machine.
Looks tasty, right? I whipped that beverage together quicker than you can read this post… betcha betcha.
I’ve been taking a good hard look at our budget this month. It’s not that I necessarily want to cut back on spending; but rather, I’m making a point in 2016 to know exactly where our money is going. Case in point: my beloved latte. I love to grab one on the go because it feels more indulgent than a basic cup of coffee. Choosing a flavor, feeling the warm paper cup in your hands, the first sip of foamy milk. It’s the BEST.
But let’s be honest, there’s other stuff I’d rather spend my money on. The multitude of growing kid expenses (Irish dance lessons? Another birthday party invite? You outgrew your jeans already?!), saving for future kid expenses, or maybe even something special for myself. Don’t laugh, it could happen.
So I found a way to enjoy cafe-style lattes (and even make coffee more special) from home. Saves time, money, and tastes just as delicious, I promise. Check out this Homemade Caramel Latte:
Oh and the best part? NO ESPRESSO MAKER. I mean, you could use one, but just easier to go without. I just use straight coffee, strongly brewed. Either way, brew it up and flavor it as you like. My preference is caramel syrup. Just like the caramel latte my cafe.
This pitcher is perfect for this job. I can make just the right amount of froth for a couple of lattes, since it has a 20 ounce capacity. The pour spout makes it easy to separate the froth from the liquid, and certified stainless steel means it will never rust. I am not interested in polishing any more dishes, so I’m thrilled that I can just pop it into the dishwasher.
And just look at that froth guys. This is not going to make your typical cup of coffee.
Add dollops of froth to the top of your flavored coffee or espresso, and drizzle with more syrup. I can’t get enough of caramel syrup and a dash of cinnamon. Heavenly.
Love coffee shop-style drinks at home? Try this Maple Pecan Frappé!
- 1 cup, strongly brewed coffee or espresso
- 1 cup, milk (any variation is fine)
- 2 Tablespoons, caramel syrup, plus more for topping
- dash of cinnamon
- Pour coffee into cup, allowing about an inch on the top for froth. If you use these insulated, stackable latte cups you can take them along for school drop off and have a fighting chance to actually drink hot coffee!
- Stir in caramel syrup until it dissolves.
- Pour milk into frothing pitcher & froth up with a handheld milk frother. See notes below!
- Dollop froth onto coffee with a spoon, completely covering the top.
- Add caramel drizzle and dash of cinnamon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205