Easy cheese pretzel bites baked with bacon and topped with parmesan cheese!
Love HOMEMADE PRETZEL BITES? You’ll want to check out the GUIDE.
Cheese Pretzel Bites
After the original pizza dough pretzel bites rocked my family’s world, I knew I had to change it up and try some new flavors. First up is bacon and parmesan… because everything is better with bacon & cheese, right?
Ingredients for pretzel bites with cheese:
Of course, the recipe is still SUPER simple, which is the best part about it. Cut up pre-made pizza dough, roll into balls, boil, and bake. Except this time, you roll them up with bacon bits. And top then with grated parmesan after their baking soda bath.
An easy, fun snack that everyone will love. They bake up brown on the outside and soft on the inside.
Fool-proof, I tell you.
Directions for pretzel bites with cheese:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough on top of a cutting board.
- Cut dough into 2″ by 2″ squares, sprinkle bacon over dough, and roll up into balls.
- Boil 2 quarts of water in a deep pot or pan, add baking soda, stir.
- Add dough balls and cook for 2 minutes, or until they puff up.
- Remove dough balls with a slotted spoon, and place briefly on a paper towel (to soak up water) before transferring to a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Brush a good amount of the egg on top of each dough ball, then sprinkle the whole cookie sheet with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool & enjoy!
I think you’ll agree that the toppings were a fantastic idea. Try it!
FAQ’s for cheese stuffed pretzel bites:
How to make pretzel bites without yeast?
Using pizza dough! Just roll up the dough into small balls and boil in a baking soda & water bath. Bake until golden brown and ready to eat!
Dipping sauces for pretzel bites?
- ranch dip
- French onion dip
- peanut butter
- Nutella or melted chocolate
- cream cheese
- hot fudge
- hot sauce
- pizza sauce
- BBQ sauce
How do you store fresh baked pretzels?
Store them in a plastic container or put them in a paper bag – in both cases store the pretzels a cool place. Typically pretzels taste best the day they are made.
Helpful Tools to make Cheese Pretzel Bites:
The Last Pizza Cutter you’ll ever need— all metal, dishwasher safe, perfect for cutting the dough uniformly
USA sheet pan— best non-stick baking sheet
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 3569mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 6g
Other favorites– Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites with Chocolate Dipping Sauce