Easy pretzel bites baked with bacon and topped with parmesan cheese.
After the original pizza dough pretzel bites rocked my family’s world, I knew I had to change it up and try some new flavors. First up is bacon and parmesan… because everything is better with bacon & cheese, right?
Of course, the recipe is still SUPER simple, which is the best part about it. Cut up pre-made pizza dough, roll into balls, boil, and bake. Except this time, you roll them up with bacon bits. And top then with grated parmesan after their baking soda bath.
An easy, fun snack that everyone will love. They bake up brown on the outside and soft on the inside.
Fool-proof, I tell you.
I think you’ll agree that the toppings were a fantastic idea. Try it!
- 1 tube or container pre-made pizza dough
- 5 slices of bacon, chopped (I used a food processor)
- ⅓ cup, baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup, shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough on top of a cutting board.
- Cut dough into 2" by 2" squares, sprinkle bacon over dough, and roll up into balls.
- Boil 2 quarts of water in a deep pot or pan, add baking soda, stir.
- Add dough balls and cook for 2 minutes, or until they puff up.
- Remove dough balls with a slotted spoon, and place briefly on a paper towel (to soak up water) before transferring to a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Brush a good amount of the egg on top of each dough ball, then sprinkle the whole cookie sheet with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool & enjoy!