Chili and cheesy cornbread cooked together in a slow cooker. Warm up with a bowl of slow cooker chili!
This dish has quickly become a family favorite. It’s everything you want in a bowl of chili! Flavorful tomatoes, corn, and peppers. Plus you get cheesy cornbread…all done in a slow cooker. It’s the best.
I love this all-in-one meal! Especially for game watching at home. It’s a set it & forget it meal, and it delivers every time.
So much seasoning and spices. Just the way we like our chili.
We’re big fans of slow cooker meals-especially cornbread-topped chili- for having friends over for football. Slow cooker dishes are low-maintenance, feed a crowd, and warm you up on during chilly football season in the Midwest. You can easily load up the slow cooker in the morning and have the chili and cornbread ready for game time.
I like to set up a “topping station” where my guests can help themselves and top their chili the way that they prefer. Chips, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream- I love it all. So I load up my chili and dig in.
One of our new favorite traditions is to have our daughter pick snacks to go with the cornbread-topped chili. She loves to go to the store and plan the party. At six years old, she’s really getting into the game and enjoys talking strategy with my husband. I love watching them bond over their favorite teams.
Ramekins are a fun way to serve it. So hearty and delicious. And it keeps you going well into overtime! We’re ready for the playoffs at our house!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped (about one cup)
- 1 pepper, any color, chopped (about one cup)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 package of store-bought taco seasoning
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup, do not add water
- 1/4 pound cheese
- 1 prepared cornbread mix, 1 box plus ingredients to make batter
- 2-3 Tablespoons El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce, add more to taste
- Optional Toppings: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Add ground beef, onion, pepper, corn, seasoning, tomato soup, and El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce to slow cooker.
- Cover with lid and cook on “high” setting for 3 hours, until beef is cooked through.
- Break apart beef and mix all ingredients.
- Top with shredded with cheese and corn muffin batter.
- Add lid and cook to cook on "high" for 60 minutes or until cornbread topping is cooked through.
- Scoop into ramekins and add toppings!
Love this cornbread-topped chili? Try the Lighter Chili Mac Casserole.