This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavorTheSeason #CollectiveBias
This is some of the most delicious stuffing I’ve ever tasted. (Sorry, Mom!) The toasted cornbread, Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Roll Sausage, and pecans make for a truly unique, scrumptious stuffing recipe.
So flavorful. All the herbs and spices? It’s a unique blend of seasonings that really make your dish stand out.
And the cornbread is no slouch. You toast it up a bit to add some texture. Plus, the pecans I mentioned earlier. It’s really a break away from ordinary stuffing.
Ready to bake!
Pop it out of the oven and serve family style or in individual servings, as I did.
Love me a cute ramekin.
I mean, don’t you just want to dive in?
Honestly guys, you will not regret giving this one a place at your holiday table. I am *not* one to break away from traditional family recipes, but this one is a worthy exception. It is-hands down- the best stuffing I’ve ever had.
Full of flavor, full of texture; it shines as a side dish.
And really, you could use the Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Roll Sausage to pump up other everyday dishes. Brunch on the weekend? Sausage red sauce for pasta night? The blend of seasonings would work in so many recipes. I love it for the holidays because it makes everything taste a little bit special– with no extra work!
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Roll Sausage, Sage or Regular
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook sausage, celery and onion in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Spoon into large bowl.
- Add cornbread, parsley and seasoning; mix lightly. Add broth and egg; mix just until blended. Stir in pecans, if desired.
- Spoon into lightly greased 2-quart casserole or soufflé dish; cover.
- Bake 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated, uncovering after 35 minutes.
- For the 4 cups crumbled cornbread needed to prepare this recipe, bake 1 pkg. (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix according to the package directions for the pan of cornbread. Cool, then coarsely crumble. To toast the crumbled cornbread, preheat oven to 400°F. Spread the cornbread onto bottom of large shallow baking pan. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring after 5 minutes.)
I used Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Roll Sausage for this stuffing recipe, because of the quality pork sausage. I know you’ll love this dish as much as we did!
Visit Meijer to pick up your own…. perfect for all your holiday favorites.
Tell me, how would you use Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Roll Sausage in your holiday meals?
For more ideas & recipe inspiration, visit HERE.