Super easy pizza dough pretzel bites! The whole family will love this soft pretzel recipe using store-bought pizza dough. Serve with queso and honey mustard pretzel dipping sauces.
As we wind down our long weekend, Sean and I were musing over how much our down time has changed over the years. In lieu of sleeping in past a respectable hour, we make piles of pancakes for the kids first thing in the morning. Naptime has become sacred. And date nights (for the most part) have become family nights, usually with a movie and our favorite snacks.
I love a snack where the kids can help out. They love it too! And the dipping sauces are so fun. Let’s get started.
Start with ready-made pizza dough, it’s super easy to pick up at the grocery store or a pizzeria. I absolutely love this pizza cutter. It’s dishwasher-friendly with a sleek design, and has stood the test of time. All our plastic-handled pizza cutters have bit the dust. Do yourself a favor and get the last pizza cutter you’ll ever need.
Next, lay out dough on a cutting board (I prefer wooden as it won’t stick) & roll into balls. Then pop into hot water.
Adults should handle the part with boiling water. Did you know that the only thing separating pizza dough from becoming pretzels is a short bath in hot water with baking soda? Well, now you do!
A little beaten egg makes the sea salt stick to the dough. IMO, the more salt the better when it comes to pretzels.
Bake them up golden brown… and top with more salt.
We love them with queso (cheese plus mild salsa) & honey mustard (regular mustard with a dash of honey). So easy, guys.
Your kids will gobble them up. Pssst…. make a double batch.
- 1 tube or container pre-made pizza dough
- 1/3 cup, baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
For Queso Dip:
- 1 cup, Velvet
- 1/2 cup, mild salsa drained or diced tomatoes
For Honey Mustard Dip:
- 1/2 cup, mustard
- 1 teaspoon, honey
- 1 Tablespoon, salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough on top of a cutting board.
- Cut dough into 2" by 2" squares, roll up into balls.
- Boil 2 quarts of water in a deep pot or pan, add baking soda, stir.
- Add dough balls and cook for 2 minutes, or until they puff up.
- Remove dough balls with a slotted spoon, and place on cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Nonstick is the way to go, and this cookie sheet will not disappoint!
- Brush a good amount of the egg on top of each dough ball, then sprinkle the whole cookie sheet with salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix honey with mustard. Set aside.
- Heat up cheese and stir in salsa.
- Serve pretzel bites with dipping sauces.
This easy to use, convenient salt box is the best thing to have when you need a pinch of salt to sprinkle on foods!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205
Love these easy pretzel bites? Try some Parmesan Bacon Pretzel Bites, also made with pizza dough!