This dairy-free ice cream recipe is from the early days of Life a Little Brighter, over three years ago. It’s recently gotten popular, so I revamped the recipe (& even made a video).
The new recipe is creamier (for those who requested it), but still only 4 ingredients.
Double Chocolate, dairy-free ice cream, made with only 4 ingredients. A rich chocolate, almond milk ice cream treat for those avoiding dairy.
I could just dive right into that bowl. Are you with me?
And—-what if I told you it only takes four ingredients, and is even dairy-free?
Chocolate chips, cocoa powder, frozen bananas, and almond milk. That’s all it takes to get that deliciously rich and smooth ice cream up top.
Ever since I had a child with a dairy intolerance, I look for ways to cut back or eliminate dairy from a recipe.
You know what? Sometimes it makes the rest of us feel better to avoid dairy as well. Gentle on tummy=more ice cream to enjoy!
This recipe uses a no-churn process. Simply blend up all the ingredients in a blender and freeze until solid. So easy to whip up. Even the kids can help out, and they love using these adorable, color changing ice cream bowls!
We love dairy-free ice cream in our house. Now everyone can join in on the fun. We like to top ours with chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles… because chocolate overload, of course.
Almond milk makes it so creamy and delicious. You’ll never look at ice cream the same way again.
This ice cream is pretty fabulous, but I’m sure my creative readers could come up with some irresistible recipes.
- 4 bananas
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, plus a Tablespoon (or more as desired)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup coconut cream, thicker than coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, mix-ins and/or topping
- chocolate sprinkles , for topping
- Place bananas, coconut cream, cocoa powder, and almond milk in blender and blend until smooth. Save yourself time and always blend your ingredients the smoothest with this amazing blender!
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze until solid.
- Scoop into bowls, and top with more chocolate chips and sprinkles, enjoy!
**Make life easier and use this scoop to serve the ice cream!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167
Looking for more dairy-free “ice cream”? Check out this Dairy-Free Fudge Brownie Ice Cream from One Lovely Life.
Or how about Lactose-Free Cake Batter Ice Cream?