I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Orgain. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.#PoweredByOrgain
Who loves pancakes for breakfast??
And who hates that mid-morning exhausted, already-starving-again feeling you get after eating a plateful?
If so—and you happen to love all things Fall—I have the perfect recipe for you today.
I have combined two of my favorite things…. pumpkin pancakes & a hearty breakfast. No longer do you have to choose between pancakes and a filling, energizing breakfast.
It’s all thanks to this amazing protein powder.
If you’ve had say, less-than-satisfactory experiences with protein bars, powders, or shakes; then you are in for a real treat. This organic protein powder is made with plant-based protein, from sources like brown rice, hemp, chia, and pea proteins. It has a smooth, creamy texture, which makes it perfect for adding to foods like pancakes. Plus you get an added boost of protein to a carb-filled meal.
Oh, and the Orgain blender bottle is my new favorite thing. Check out the whisk-like ball in the picture below.
It mixes everything perfectly. I love that. It’s an easy way to get my protein for the day, if I don’t have time to cook. I know that I’m still getting high-quality protein in my diet.
I also appreciate the story behind Orgain Organic Protein Powder… it was developed by Dr. Andrew Abraham, who wanted delicious, organic protein products to sustain him during cancer treatments. It definitely puts a lot of things into perspective.
I love to make breakfast for my family, especially on the weekends. Adding a little protein powder to the mix gets everyone off on the right foot for the day.
Ever notice how much smoother the day goes when everyone has had a healthy breakfast? I’m learning that it’s not a coincidence.
Adding pumpkin to the batter makes these pancakes THICK. So be prepared to cook them a little longer. But I love the resulting texture, it’s a bit more filling, especially with cream cheese syrup/frosting.
Warm it up to glaze the pancakes.
And enjoy a taste of Fall this weekend.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon, pumpkin pie spices
- 1 scoop, Orgain Organic Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus whipped cream and a handful of butterscotch chips for topping
- ½ (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda,pumpkin pie spice, Orgain Organic Protein Powder, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, milk, egg, vegetable oil and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat and add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan, allowing it to heat for 2 to 3 minutes. In batches, scoop a ¼ cup of batter into the pan to form pancakes. Cook the pancakes on one side until bubbles appear in the center, then flip them once and continue cooking until no longer doughy in the center.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan.
- Beat cream cheese and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Gradually add milk, beating until smooth. If desired, microwave in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or just until warm; stir until smooth.
- Top pancakes with glaze, whipped cream, and butterscotch chips.
With its delicious taste and smooth texture, Orgain Organic Protein Powder can be added to almost healthy dishes or beverages you can imagine… what would you add Orgain Organic Protein Powder to?