These 3 ingredient Soft Pumpkin Cookies are bound to become a fall family favorite! Simple pumpkin cookies made with spice cake mix, pumpkin puree, and oats.
These cookies are as easy as it comes. And they taste just like everything you want in the Fall. I know, a tall order.
These cookies, like the Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie Truffles from last week, use a recipe technique that is beyond genius. (In case it’s new to you, it is not my original idea) You add pumpkin to carrot or spice cake mix and bake. Somehow it magically turns into delicious baked goods without eggs, water, oil, really anything else.
For this reason, it is perfect for baking with little ones. In fact, it requires zero measuring. Dump and bake. Or something more eloquent.
I added oats for texture, but that’s just my preference. You could also try chocolate chips or
raisins butterscotch chips.
Then drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake until done in the center. They are fool-proof. Even baked all the way through, they stay dense and soft after cooling off. They are amazing.
And so easy to pop in your mouth. Top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and cinnamon. Keeping this powdered sugar sifter near your baking supplies will make topping these, and any cookies, super easy!
You can really go all out by topping them with cream cheese frosting. You could try this recipe here, or use canned, like I did this weekend. #notashamed
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oats or chocolate chips, your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all three ingredients in your handy dandy Kitchenaid stand mixer.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a prepared cookie sheet. These nonstick cookie sheets will prove to be the perfect baking sheet time and time again!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, top with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113