This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias
I’m at it again with the Skittles® .
Really, I can’t stay away. Skittles make food so FUN. So punchy, colorful, sweet… you get the idea.
*ok, most things.
I started with Skittles-flavored cookie mix. Mmmhmm.
Added some Skittles in contrasting colors, and baked them in oblong shapes.
Cookie bars need an equally mouth-watering dip, so I stirred up some coconut milk, whipped cream, and cream cheese.
Light, fluffy, and the perfect complement to the cookie dippers.
Join the fun… enter the “Share a Little Funshine” Sweepstakes!
Click here to receive instant savings on M&M’s®, SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars, Dr Pepper® Cherry, Skittles®, Pedigree Dentastix®! I’d love to hear your favorite ideas for making summer FUN!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 4 (3 oz) packages of jello, use 2 Tablespoons each for cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 14.5 oz. coconut milk
- 15 oz. whipped cream, save 1/2 cup for topping.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cream of tarter. Gradually add flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Divide the dough into four sections. Sprinkle two Tablespoons of jello onto each section and then knead the dough until combined.
- Roll out dough onto cookie sheets in a basic rectangular shape. I fit two rectangles a piece on each sheet. Press Skittles into top of dough.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies from the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Use pizza cutter to slice cookies into 1" bars.
- Combine all 3 ingredients (minus extra whipped topping) in a mixer until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and Skittles.
The Skittles 14 oz. bag was used to punch up these yummy cookie bars. You can find them at Walmart, along with these other goodies to make your summer more delicious: M&M’s® Plain, M&M’s® Peanut, Dr Pepper® Cherry, and Life Savers® Hard Candy.
Download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive exclusive content.