10 creative ways to reuse Tide Pods containers. Let’s talk about the best ways to upcycle these containers around your house!
Back in the stone age of this blog, I did a post on reusing containers. I had a tiny picture of a Tide Pods container, and as a result, “Tide Pods containers upcycle” has been my number one keyword search for years.
It totally makes sense. Tide Pods are super popular and everyone (including me) feels bad about chucking a big plastic container in the garbage every few months. So I figured I’d help us all out with some fresh ideas on how to reuse those bright orange orbs.
Note: never use Tide Pods containers to store food. It’s just not a good idea, no matter how many times you clean it out.
- storing tools (like our light sticks above)
- storing craft materials- ribbon, fabric quarters, etc.
- lint bin in the laundry room: fill it up and dump it out
- car garbage- easy-to-use, practically indestructible
For the Home:
- kids’ toy storage- Legos especially!
- family piggy bank/donation center- everyone drops in loose change and it adds up to a feel-good activity for the whole family. A night out for ice cream or a charity donation to the local food bank, perhaps?
In the Classroom:
- use it to hold rewards/prizes for well-behaved children:)
- lost ‘n found
- Halloween- yep, the perfect shape and color to be a pumpkin. Add a sharpie jack o’ lantern face, and it’s perfect for a fun porch decoration. Extra credit if you spray paint the top green.
- snow globe- needs to be the clear kind, but this would be such a fun craft with the kids.
Hope these ideas help you out! Upcycle, my friends.
Love these ideas on how to reuse Tide Pods containers? Check out this thrifty post on easy homemade candles!