You’ll love this Bailey’s Chocolate Crazy Cake- ONE magic ingredient makes it happen. A simple, one bowl cake gets fancy with Bailey’s and salted caramel frosting.
So what’s makes this cake crazy? You only use one bowl & no eggs or butter. You could go totally dairy-free, but then you would have to omit the Bailey’s. And that would be a shame.
Another name for this technique is “Depression” cake, but I just can’t have that word next to chocolate. It just doesn’t work for me.
Vinegar is the magic trick. All the other cake ingredients are normal, and then you add vinegar and everything comes together without the eggs or butter. And yet, it’s still moist . We have to whisper that last word.
To make this Bailey’s Chocolate Crazy Cake, you only need one pan. It’s fun to make the depressions in the dry ingredients and add in the rest. I was half expecting a volcano, but I ended up with a chocolate cake. Much better, no?
I would say the texture is almost brownie-like. Definitely chewy on the edges, which I love.
And then I topped it with salted caramel frosting, because it goes so well with
everything Bailey’s. So easy, guys. Just melt brown sugar & corn syrup together, then mix with vanilla frosting. Semi-homemade, so to speak.
We’re cutting corners everywhere with this cake. I promise no one will notice.
- 1 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Cup Bailey's
- 1 container white frosting
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 8" square baking pan. Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients - two small, one larger. Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third larger depression. Pour Bailey's over all. Mix well until smooth.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes. Let cool, then top with frosting.
- Heat a small saucepan to low heat.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Melt over low heat.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly.
- Mix with frosting, add salt to taste.
- Top cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205
Love this Bailey’s Chocolate Crazy Cake? Check out these Decadent Chocolate Chunk Mini Cakes!