Oh wow, do I have a treat for you guys today!
This, hands down, the best dessert I have made for this blog. In our house, we fought for the last couple cookie balls. It even solves my annual dilemma of which Christmas treat to give out. There’s some stiff competition. I’m always looking for something universally enjoyable, yet unique.
I’ve got my winner right here.
The basic ingredients are: OREO Cookies, cream cheese, & Baker’s chocolate.
My “Cinnamon Sticky Bun” version calls for the addition of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans–it all goes so well with the Golden OREOS.
Crumble-up the cookies, add the cream cheese, and when it all sticks together–you’re good.
Next, I folded in the spices and pecans. Toast the nuts if you’re feeling fancy.
Roll it all into 1″ balls & pop them in the freezer for 10 minutes to make the next part easy-peasy.
Then, my favorite part of all…..
Yummmmm. The semi-sweet Baker’s chocolate is the perfect coating for these cookie balls. Sprinkle some pecans on top just like a sticky bun.
An hour in the fridge and they’re perfect for snacking, pairing with coffee, or tucked in a cute gift box topped with a bow…. for teachers, neighbors, anyone really.
I mean, would you turn that down?
Check out this coupon for 50¢ off a package of OREOs! You’re welcome.
Cinnamon Sticky Bun OREO Cookie Balls
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
Optional ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 Tablespoon cinnamon, 1 cup chopped pecans
- Make it!
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy!