I’ve been making a conserted effort to do things with just Lyssie & Mommy. There’re only so many hours in the day, but I want to make it a priority. Sometimes the cleaning takes a backseat….
…but not in the kitchen….the kitchen always get cleaned so we can do things like make Nutella cookie sandwiches.
I mean, seriously. Where was nutella when I was a kid??
Oh guys, I have the best breakfast treat with Nutella… you mix cooked brown rice (I know, stick with me here), plain Greek yogurt, and Nutella together. It is divine. And so filling. And actually, pretty low in points, if you’re doing that sort of thing.
Maybe next week.
Goat Cheese Sugar Cookies with Nutella Filling
Adapted from Love and Olive Oil
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nonpareil sprinkles
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, goat cheese, and melted butter in a large bowl and whisk until mixture forms a smooth paste. Whisk in oil. Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth. Fold in flour mixture until incorporated and no dry ingredients remain.
- Pour sprinkles or sugar into a small bowl. Dough will be soft, but should still be workable. If not, refrigerate it for 15 to 20 minutes until it is. Use a small cookie scoop to portion out about 1 tablespoon of dough, then roll in sprinkles/sugar to coat. Arrange on prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cookies are just set and slightly cracked. Cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread about 1 Tablespoon of Nutella onto the bottom of one cookie, then add another cookie on top to make a sandwich. Repeat the process with the rest of the cookies.