Well, it’s a been a while, hasn’t it?
My last Friday post was July 25… yikes, almost a month ago.
So what has happened since then? Tons.
1. Got a sparkly new blog design. Yay! Finally!
2. This girl is nearly 3 months old, and a champion sleeper. Plus she smiles at us like we’re the best thing that’s ever happened to her, so that’s nice.
3. Seized the end of summer as it slipped through our fingertips. Poetic, eh? eh?
But seriously, Alyssa has her first day of Kindergarten on Monday. Gulp.
4. Lots of home improvements. Sean has run around the house staining things. Doors, closets, the patio.
5. Celebrated our anniversary (10 years!!), my birthday, and Bree’s baptism. Honestly, I’m partied out. But we have a fantastic selection of adult beverages left over, so there’s that.
(1-handmade canvases my awesome sister-in-law painted for Bree’s room, 2-the unbelievable antipasto spread my mom set out, 3-raspberry-filled, vanilla cupcakes also made by my sister)
6. Signed Alyssa up for her first legit sports team. Like, with a coach, and games that will take over our Saturdays. Thank God she has her father’s athleticism.
A few random thoughts from this week:
– I don’t care that it’s 85 degrees outside with 50% humidity right now, or that fall in Chicago is some of our best weather. I don’t want it to get cold again. I still have involuntary twitches when I think about 6 months of polar vortexes. Plus, I just read this.
-Babies should not grow fingernails until they can clip them themselves. Which I guess wouldn’t make them babies. The fact that hers grow faster than mine is just adding insult to injury.
-Dates are so under-appreciated. The other day I blended together dates, nuts, and a bit of cocoa powder into little snackable bites, and Alyssa ate them up. This is HUGE for my picky eater. She thinks they taste like treats. Bwahahaha! They’ll be perfect for mornings before school.
-The last 5-10 lbs of pregnancy weight is stubborn. I’m going to try to get back into an exercise plan when Lyssie goes to school. Now that my back is healed, I have no excuse. Plus, none of my clothes fit, so that’s some pretty solid motivation.
And that’s all for now. See ya in a month… KIDDING.