This one is for the hubby. He LOVES KFC cole slaw. Actually, I don’t think he likes any other type of cole slaw.
So I decided to recreate his beloved side dish for a treat. So easy.
Definitely use the broccoli slaw–the texture is amazing and it “keeps” a lot longer than traditional cole slaw mix.
Ingredients are simple enough…mayo, buttermilk (or milk mixed with lemon juice), more lemon juice, a generous amount of sugar (surprising, yet not), and apple cider vinegar. Hey, speaking of, have you seen all the buzz on using apple cider vinegar as a natural beauty product? It’s like the next coconut oil. Anyways…
Whisk up all the goodies… I like to use a measuring cup; I find it easiest to pour.
Salt & pepper to taste. Then, pour & mix, mix, mix.
|Why yes I did put cole slaw in a coffee mug.|
And the verdict? Sean says it tastes just like the KFC cole slaw! Everything is awesome… (too much Lego movie?)
It’s perfect with burgers, we had it with these. Sweet & tangy. Delish.
Copycat KFC Cole Slaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (If you’re out of buttermilk, add 1/4 Tablespoon-just eyeball it- to 1/4 cup of milk, wait 5-10 min, then use as buttermilk)
- 1 1/2 Tbls apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbls lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 16 oz shredded bagged cole slaw mix, recommend broccoli slaw
- Whisk together all the ingredients except for the shredded cole slaw mix.
- Add the bag and mix until nicely blended with the dressing.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours (or longer).
- Mix well again just before serving.