When I realized that my daughter’s five year birthday would perhaps be within a week of her sister’s zero birthday, I knew I couldn’t slack on her celebration. I didn’t want to set a tone from day one (possible literally) that her baby sister was now more important.
So I talked it over with Sean, and when I realized he was on board with entertaining a bunch of people with a newborn around, it was game on.
We’re having it catered, my sister-in-law offered to make a cake, and other family members will bring apps, so really I just have to clean the house… decorate for a birthday…and try to maintain my sanity for half a day.
The same delightful SIL who offered to make the cake, made the suggestion of a “rainbow” themed party. At first, I was hesitant… that’s not a theme! Or is it?….. my daughter and I checked it out on Pinterest, and wow, are there some cute ideas. Sold.
Here are some of our top choices for the party:
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
1. An adorable decoration for our front door. I like that it’s lightweight, since we’ll be attaching it to our storm door. Anyone else have the issue of a tiny space between their front door and storm door? Not real good for DIY’s.
2. I LOVE the idea of a candy buffet. I might be elbowing some kids to get my share.
3. Ok, colorful fruit is an obvious one, but the marshmallow clouds are a clever idea.
4. We’ll definitely be making some Fruity Pebbles rice crispy treats… they’re so fun on a stick, dipped in white chocolate.
5. Subway art perfect for the theme.
6. And more rainbow-colored food. Fresh fruits & veggies will be perfect for a hot, summer day.
Fingers crossed on the weather!