I mean, woah. That’s like a tower of Kool-Aid.
But I wondered… could I use the drink mix to make a flavorful rub for ribs?
Enter Black Cherry Kool-Aid–
(unsweetened, of course)
Mix up a rub of the Kool-Aid, paprika & some salt:
Rub generously on a rack of ribs…then seal up in plastic wrap.
After 24 hours of marinating in the rub, put in the slow cooker (or in the oven, or on the grill, whichever you prefer) & top with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Ok, not real cute, but I love that the slow cooker does all the work for me!
And 4-5 hours later….
Ta-Da! Tender, juicy ribs with just a hint of cherry flavor. My husband is not a sweets person, and he devoured his portion. So easy and a perfect crowd-pleaser!
Try it out! Your guests will never believe what you added to the ribs…
Black Cherry Kool-Aid Ribs
1 rack of ribs
1 packet Unsweetened Black Cherry Kool-Aid drink mix
1/8 cup paprika
1 Tablespoon salt
1 cup or so of BBQ sauce (to taste)
1. Combine all three rub ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Smooth rub onto rack of ribs & seal ribs in plastic wrap.
3. Let ribs sit in rub for 24 hours, in refrigerator.
4. Unwrap ribs and place in slow cooker, meat side out.
5. Add 1 cup of BBQ sauce on top of meat.
6. Set slow cooker on low for 4-5 hours.
7. Add more sauce to taste, and dig in!