1. Yep, starting using wrinkle cream. I bought my first lotion and eye cream with retinol. I read somewhere that Emily Maynard uses a bunch of different wrinkle remedies and thought, well that makes sense, she’s older than me. Nope. In fact, she’s five years younger than me, as of August. I haven’t really noticed a difference in the fine lines around my eyes, but it does make my skin super soft.
2. We took Boo to the field museum this week. She’s big into dinosaurs, so we thought it would be a perfect fit. Some things yes, some things no. As we were heading out, I was all excited to be back in the city (it’s like a once a year thing these days) that I started cooking up all these plans to run around Chicago, then looked in the backseat and saw that we had a passed out four year old. Next time!
3. I cut my hair into a bob after my daughter was born. It’s just now long enough for a bun. That’s an after-shower, hanging out at home bun, so please don’t judge the technique:) Also, it’s really hard to take pictures of the back of your head. Try to avoid it.
4. Speaking of hair, my daughter went down for a nap with a ponytail…she woke up with half of her hair perfect, and the other half, well, you can see. I jokingly asked Sean “What side do you think she slept on??” Him: I dunno?
5. My friend Liz and I met this girl. My friend Kari mentioned that she does cooking classes where she gives stuff like $400 blenders away. I didn’t win anything, but Robyn was super sweet and the class was a lot of fun.
Bonus- I got my Martha Stewart on and chopped up some herbs to freeze. My parsley was getting out of control, and I saw a tutorial for freezing herbs in olive oil. In the middle of it all, I thought, this is a little OCD. Note, wine helps speed up the process.
What were you up to? Link up to Lauren and tell everybody!