Snickerdoodles are a last-minute cookie for me.
Need some dessert? Didn’t make it to the store?
And these happen to be pretty fabulous Snickerdoodles.
I’ve tried a ton of recipes, and this is the winner. I probably make these once a month.
Bonus…. you get dirty dishes, aka new toys!
One note: I’ve seen recipes that insist you put the dough in the fridge for 30 min before rolling it into balls. I’ve never done that, and they always turn out perfectly. Your call.
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened butter (not melted)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- Sugar and cinnamon for rolling (1 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon-mix)
- Preheat oven to 300
- Mix butter, and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl blend flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl for rolling
- Scoop dough by the Tablespoonfuls and shape into balls-roll in cinnamon and sugar
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 14-16 mins